    there much difference?

    Tks
    Justin Dutoit

    Justin Dutoit, Aug 13, 2003

  2. In one my tests that I arranged with Prometric I picked
    the first timeslot - 8:00 in the morning. I reached there
    15 minutes before because they say you will forfeit your
    money not only if you don't show up but also if you are
    late. I waited patiently for about 30 minutes - since the
    center was closed - after which I realized (from a note up
    on the door, amongst many other notes around the door)
    that the test administrator was not going to show up and
    that I could not take the test. After 2 hours of calling
    prometric and centers around I finally managed to take the
    test in the afternoon - didn't want to postpone - and
    cleared the test. I asked prometric to refund my fees
    because I thought it was only fair for them to do so if
    they were going to forfeit mine in a similar situation. It
    took me a while to make the lady on the other line
    understand what I was trying to say, she wasn't very
    friendly. I asked for the supervisor, got the voicemail,
    left her a message but never heard back. I did not go back
    to prometric again but am now using Vue Pearson. Would
    they do the same thing? maybe .. but I am not going to use
    prometric ever again.

    Sanjay.

    Sanjay Tibrewal, Aug 14, 2003

  3. I had a similar experience with Vue, but they straightened it out
    marvelously. The test center I went to went out of business the day before I
    was scheduled.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
    Author: ADO.NET and XML: ASP.NET on the Edge

    Think outside the box!

    msnews.microsoft.com, Aug 14, 2003
  4. I have taken exams with both, I found the Prometric
    interface a little dated (like win 3.x to look at?!) but
    it was reliable, the Vue interface was modern, the only
    problem I had with that was to do with long questions and
    diagrams. When you scroll up and down, the screen does not
    re-render itself quickly enough which I found annoying,
    although this could have had something to do with the
    video on the machine.

    Overall, a test is a test, unless you have a really bad
    experience, I see no reason for preference.

    Aaron

    Aaron Collett, Aug 14, 2003
  5. Took my first VUE yesterday. I found it to be a very similar experience to
    Prometric which I have using for 10 years.

    The only item I thought was better was the opportunity to review questions
    with VUE. They allow you to have more than one MARK checkbox. They had
    two. One was for reviewing and another for commenting. It helped me at the
    end to focus on the reviews. Then after the exam completed, I only had to
    look at the comments to provide feedback.

    Keith Nicholson, Aug 15, 2003