PDM and FWSM

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Matthias Hagen, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Hello,
    does somebody new what happens or maybe has similar negativ results? And
    also maybe can give me a hint what I can do or change?

    I work on a migration from a FW1 Checkpoint and Cat65xx ACLs to a FWSM in a
    65xx with failover.
    SW is FWSM 1.1.3 and PDM 2.1.1. MFSC IOS is 12.1.3
    I read already cisco doc on cco, but i can`t find a solution

    First is, i can´t create Groups with PDM in a group when we are in
    Host/network window, like i can do in Objects. I I do so in CLI mode, the
    FWSM will accept the syntax and implement a group consist out ouf groups in
    host or network statement.
    If you will show the groups now in PDM, you will get an error message that
    nested groups are not supported (in PDM?)
    If this is created in CLI, and you switch back to PDM, to use these
    definition for example in creating an ACL, the defined Group statement will
    not apear in pulldown menue. If you type manual the alias in the pulldown
    command line, it will take the name and used as wanted.

    The view option in PDM Host/network...
    If you group more object togeather from the left side to the right side
    view, the description on the right side will change. you can not decide
    anymore because of the icon and description, if this is a host, a network
    a.s.o....

    does somebody has any information or workaround for me
    regard
    matze

    Matthias Hagen, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Matthias Hagen

    Jason Kau Guest

    Yeah, don't use PDM at all. It's bad. 3.X might be
    passable but 2.X is awful.

    Jason Kau, Jan 28, 2004