    This happens with all version of adobe acrobat reader. Currently testing it
    on 6.0.2.

    Note: I have the "Display PDF in browser" option unchecked.

    Paul S., Mar 4, 2005

  2. Paul S.

    kenny Guest

    try downlading and installing the latest version 7.0

    kenny, Mar 4, 2005

  3. Paul S.

    Paul S. Guest

    I need to find a solution without having to download 7.

    Paul S., Mar 4, 2005
  4. Paul S., <>, the nearsighted, pestilential trollop,
    and person who is so stingy that they cut up rags into small pieces to be
    used for making paper, dirged:
    Unfortunately, this is what you're dealing with in 'kenny'.

    http://www.me.com/knuolla/

    You have been warned.

    Thermoproteus Laminiferum Brettinghami Rhadinoviru, Mar 4, 2005
  5. Paul S.

    °Mike° Guest

    Either display the document in IE (options) or
    save the document to disk before opening.

    °Mike°, Mar 4, 2005
  6. Paul S.

    Paul S. Guest

    Unfortunately that is just a band-aid solution. I am trying to figure out
    why this error message is happening, and how to correct it. Ideally it
    should just display the pdf without displaying the error....as it loads the
    pdf anyways after clicking ok on the error message popup.

    Paul S., Mar 4, 2005
  7. Paul S.

    jda^fx Guest

    If you have the Microsoft Journal Viewer installed, uninstall it.
    There is a history of confilcts between it and Adobe Reader, specially
    if you have installed the Journal Viewer from Windows update. That
    might be one thing looking in to

    jda^fx, Mar 4, 2005
  8. Paul S.

    °Mike° Guest

    I don't know. Maybe it's a bug in Acrobat reader.
    You should be in the habit of saving things to disk,
    anyway.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Mar 4, 2005
  9. Paul S.

    jda^fx Guest

    What user privilegedes does the problem occur under?

    jda^fx, Mar 4, 2005
  10. Paul S.

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: Re: PDF viewing error.
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    complete bullshit.

    G. Morgan, Mar 4, 2005
  11. Paul S.

    Pennywise Guest

    |> Unfortunately that is just a band-aid solution. I am trying to figure out
    |> why this error message is happening, and how to correct it. Ideally it
    |> should just display the pdf without displaying the error....as it loads the
    |> pdf anyways after clicking ok on the error message popup.

    Download and run Process Explorer
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml

    when you get the error message don't press OK go to PE and see what's
    running to cause this. Double click on the process and read it's image.

    Pennywise, Mar 4, 2005
  12. Paul S.

    kenny Guest

    I dont know why you are posting that... thats not me....
    I am Kenny S .. you probably think I am someone else.

    "Thermoproteus Laminiferum Brettinghami Rhadinovirus"
    <-for-a-scum-sucking-dickless-hotelier.org>

    kenny, Mar 4, 2005
  13. Paul S.

    Paul S. Guest

    Microsoft Journal viewer is not installed.

    Paul S., Mar 4, 2005
  14. Paul S.

    Paul S. Guest

    Logged in as administrator.

    Paul S., Mar 4, 2005
  15. Paul S.

    jda^fx Guest

    It is a bit far fetched, but you could try this: Right after
    installing the reader, the install files are in your %temp% directory.
    There is a folder with an .exe, an .msi plus all the other that goes
    into installing the reader. Copy it to a folder on the harddrive,
    uninstall the reader again, and then install it with the files you
    just found using a commandline: msiexec /I c:\path\msifile.msi
    /passive ALLUSERS=1 it's the allusers proporty that's important, the
    passive switch is just to not have to click next and yes all the time

    jda^fx, Mar 4, 2005
  16. Paul S.

    fyz

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    I think you can try to download the pdf file and open it on your local PC. If the file still cannot be openned, it may be damaged. Then you can try a utility called Advanced PDF Repair to repair your PDF file. It works rather well for my corrupt PDF files.

    Hope this helps.

    Alan

    fyz, Apr 26, 2008