    Is there anyway to convert PDF to a Word DOC (with tabs and colouring
    included)? Perfectly, not in a big mess.

    Thanks.

    neil, Feb 26, 2005

  2. neil

    neil Guest

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:52:46 GMT, Parko <> wrote:

    >neil squeeked after five nanoseconds of Deep Thought:
    >
    >> Is there anyway to convert PDF to a Word DOC (with tabs and colouring
    >> included)? Perfectly, not in a big mess.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    >Yes. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmebbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeee not actually,
    >totally prefectly (cough).

    So what's the best method available and what is the problem with that?

    neil, Feb 26, 2005

  3. neil

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "neil" <> wrote in message
    > Is there anyway to convert PDF to a Word DOC (with tabs and colouring
    > included)? Perfectly, not in a big mess.
    >
    > Thanks.

    depends on the formatting

    if there are no charts/graphs/images, then using an OCR would work fine.

    you may even try a simple Ctrl A/ Ctrl C/ Ctrl V

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Feb 26, 2005
  4. neil

    neil Guest

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 14:22:17 GMT, "127.0.0.1" <get.rooted@localhost>
    wrote:

    >"neil" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there anyway to convert PDF to a Word DOC (with tabs and colouring
    >> included)? Perfectly, not in a big mess.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    >depends on the formatting
    >
    >if there are no charts/graphs/images, then using an OCR would work fine.
    >
    >you may even try a simple Ctrl A/ Ctrl C/ Ctrl V
    >
    >-a|ex

    Yea that works, apart from losing tabs (indentation), which is needed.
    I could do it manually mind, but I was wondering if there was anything
    out there that does it automatically.

    neil, Feb 26, 2005
  5. Atlas Shrugged, Feb 26, 2005
  6. neil wrote:

    > Is there anyway to convert PDF to a Word DOC (with tabs and colouring
    > included)? Perfectly, not in a big mess.

    Acrobat Writer can do something like that, at least when it's running as a
    word plugin (not just the reader). If you want to have it less perfect but
    for free, you want linux and koffice.

    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.10-mm1[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, Feb 26, 2005
  7. On 26 feb 2005 neil <> wrote
    news: in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Is there anyway to convert PDF to a Word DOC (with tabs and colouring
    > included)? Perfectly, not in a big mess.
    >
    > Thanks.

    My install of Acrobat 7 pro does it, just tried it out and it seemed to
    work "OK", until it came to a table which just screwed it up. Not too much
    to be saved, but too much to pay $450 for the program for that single
    feature.

    --
    R. Amtjip ;-P
    Just mail away, I'm trying out gmail's spam killer by having a REAL

    Robert Amtjip, Feb 26, 2005