PDF not opening in Firefox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by norm, Mar 6, 2007.

  1. norm

    norm Guest

    norm, Mar 6, 2007

  2. Server problem. Go to the page, right click and choose View Page Info.
    In the resulting window, see the following:

    Type: text/plain

    Since the server is telling Firefox that the file is a plain text file,
    Firefox attempts to display it as such. Contact the administrator for
    the web site and tell him of the problem. The workaround, as you have
    discovered, is to download the file and view it locally.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 6, 2007

  3. norm

    norm Guest

    Thanks for reply, yep Type: text/plain.

    norm, Mar 6, 2007
  4. The mime type set by the server is incorrect. The server is telling
    Firefox that the file is a plain text file, so that's the way FireFox
    treats it. The server says it is a text/plain file, but it should be
    application/pdf for FireFox to know to feed it Acrobat Reader.

    John Thompson, Mar 6, 2007
  5. Hi John,

    Didn't I say that about 9 hours ago? ;)

    Lee