  1. I have recently loaded Adobe 7 but when I click on a pdf link in Firefox all
    I get is a blank page.
    Any sugestions

    Vauxhall Victor, Feb 12, 2006

  2. Vauxhall Victor

    Michael Guest

    The only suggestion I have is to open Adobe from your Programs File and
    check for updates, the latest version is 7.07.

    If updates are OK, or after updating check your Adobe settings for
    Internet and be sure your web browser is set as the default browser.

    Michael

    --
    Character is doing the right thing...
    Even when no one is watching...

    A Proud User of SeaMonkey The Suite

    Michael, Feb 12, 2006

  3. Vauxhall Victor

    Charani Guest

    I use Mozilla and had the same problem, so I uninstalled Adobe and
    installed Foxit (www.foxitsoftware.com) instead. Problem solved and
    Foxit is faster than Adobe too

    Charani, Feb 13, 2006
  4. Vauxhall Victor

    Doubledoom Guest

    I have adobe 7 and it works fine with firefox. One pc I have have the
    acrobat extension (there is only one) and that makes things easy. The
    other PC i haven't got round to sticking the extension on it yet but
    will do soon.

    David

    Doubledoom, Feb 13, 2006
  5. You got that right. Once I installed Foxit, I will never go back to
    Adobe crap. I always hated Adobe's bloated slow crap.

    I.never.use.email, Feb 14, 2006
  6. Vauxhall Victor

    Doubledoom Guest

    Its always a matter of opinion...

    I tried foxit and found it awful when it came to pdfs created with
    acrobat 6 or 7. Foxit was great for older pdf standards but with newer
    standards, the text was blurred and scrolling between pages on larger
    documents (20 pages or more) it would be really slow and turn into a
    memory hog.

    David

    If y

    Doubledoom, Feb 14, 2006
  7. Vauxhall Victor

    Charani Guest

    I don't have that problem with Foxit at all and some of the .pdfs I
    view were done a long time ago. It handles the exisitng .pdfs on my
    PC with no problem either.

    Each to their own.

    Charani, Feb 15, 2006
  8. I have Firefox 1.07 on both my Windows 2000 Desktop and on my
    Ubuntu-64 Breezy laptop. I finally got Adobe Reader 7.0 working with
    Firefox on the Windows desktop, but getting it working on the Linux
    version eludes me.

    Because I use 64-bit Linux on the laptop a few things don't install
    easily, two of them being RealPlayer and Adobe Reader. After
    struggling for a long time eventually I gave up and created a chroot
    environment. And in order to get things working with Firefox, I
    installed a copy of Firefox in there as well.

    I still have Firefox installed in the 64-bit world, but I never use
    it. I changed the launch command to launch the 32-bit version in
    chroot ("dchroot -d firefox %U"). I also created similar commands to
    launch RealPlayer and Adobe Reader the same way. All three work fine
    independently. And for a while RealPlayer would pop up if I went to a
    web page with streaming audio, however, suddenly that stopped working
    about a month ago. And I've never been able to get Adobe Reader to
    work in Firefox.

    Actually, I don't care what PDF viewer I use. There are other Linux
    PDF viewers -- I have installed KPDF, xpdf and PDV Viewer, but I can't
    get any of them to work with the chrooted version of Firefox either. I
    just want my chrooted Firefox to open a PDF in a web page instead of
    requiring me to download it and open it manually. Since the Linux PDF
    viewers are in the 64-bit world, that may be why I can't get them to
    work in chrooted Firefox. But Adobe Reader is in chroot, so maybe that
    would be the easiest to get working.

    Does anyone know how I can do that? Or an alternative?

    Marek Williams, Mar 5, 2006