    PWB Guest

    Does anyone in the group know of any free programs where i can convert
    ..pdf docs into office word docs.?TIA

    PWB, Sep 16, 2008

  2. PWB

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Sep 16, 2008

  3. PWB

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-09-16, PWB <> wrote:
    > Does anyone in the group know of any free programs where i can convert
    > .pdf docs into office word docs.?TIA

    Start here
    <http://uk.ask.com/web?q=pdf+to+word&o=312&l=dir&siteid=&dm=all&jss=0>.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Sep 16, 2008
  4. PWB

    PWB Guest

    PWB, Sep 16, 2008
  5. On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 15:50:44 +0100, Brian Cryer aided th' terraists with
    the following claims :

    > "PWB" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone in the group know of any free programs where i can convert
    >> .pdf docs into office word docs.?TIA

    > If you've only got a small number of pdfs to convert then a simple copy and
    > paste may be sufficient - open the PDF, control-A, control-C then paste it
    > into Word. Some pdfs won't let you copy from but most do, although you may
    > loose some formatting.

    Online tool for your troubles, mate.
    http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

    HTH

    §ñühwØ£f, Sep 16, 2008
  6. PWB

    chuckcar Guest

    PWB <> wrote in

    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >> On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 14:19:15 +0100, PWB <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone in the group know of any free programs where i can convert
    >>> .pdf docs into office word docs.?TIA

    >> Google knows a few.
    >> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1
    >> &q=freeware+convert+pdf+to+doc&spell=1

    > The only ones I've come across so far in google have been free
    > evaluations I'm looking for a freeware version

    Try here. http://freshmeat.net and enter pdf in the search. I *know*
    there's even a program that speaks pdf files.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 16, 2008
  7. PWB

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 15:47:02 +0100, PWB <>
    wrote:

    >The only ones I've come across so far in google have been free
    >evaluations I'm looking for a freeware version

    First link: Completely free.
    Second link: A link to a number of different software suites, most
    COMPLETELY FREE.

    Evan Platt, Sep 16, 2008
  8. PWB

    chuckcar Guest

    "Notabot" <> wrote in

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >> PWB <> wrote in

    >>> The only ones I've come across so far in google have been free
    >>> evaluations I'm looking for a freeware version
    >>>

    >> Try here. http://freshmeat.net and enter pdf in the search. I *know*
    >> there's even a program that speaks pdf files.

    > Foxit Reader http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php will convert
    > any .pdf to a plain text file. Once converted you can open it with
    > 'Word', edit it if you want, then save it in the format of your choice.
    > AND, it's freeware.

    So tell the OP that. I could care less about non-open source freeware.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 16, 2008
  9. PWB

    PWB Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > PWB wrote:
    >>> PWB

    >> The only ones I've come across so far in google have been free
    >> evaluations I'm looking for a freeware version

    > You will find the most freeware answers in the freeware group
    > alt.comp.freeware
    >
    > OO3b OpenOffice 3 beta and Sun's Star Office 9 can use the Sun PDF Import
    > Extension [Beta] to import .pdf/s
    > http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/pdfimport
    >
    > ... but that's not the same as making a Word out of a .pdf.
    >
    > Do you have Word? There is a difference between being able to import a
    > .pdf into Word if you have it vs wanting a freestanding converter to make
    > a Word document without having Word..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Yes I've got Word 2007 that's why I wanted the converter because I just
    got a document in .PDF that I wanted to save it in word format but cant
    copy and paste it in .PDF format

    PWB, Sep 17, 2008
  10. Tekkie® wrote:

    > PWB posted for all of us...
    >
    >> Does anyone in the group know of any free programs where i can convert
    >> .pdf docs into office word docs.?TIA
    >>

    > There is an on-line convertor that I have the link for at the office..
    > You upload your pdf then send back by email attachment as a doc. If I
    > found it so can you.

    Oh well, sending the most confidential business files over there ...

    wisdomkiller & pain, Sep 17, 2008
  11. PWB

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 21:47:52 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > I could care less about non-open source freeware.

    How much less could you care? A lot, or a little? How much do you care
    now?

    I couldn't care less about the answers to these questions, but
    clarification might give others an idea of how much you care. Just in
    case they were wondering.

    --
    Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    http://www.liverpool08.com

    Aardvark, Sep 17, 2008
  12. PWB

    PWB Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >
    >> The link I posted earlier compares 6 different methods of getting the
    >> conversion

    > If that link breaks/wraps for you, here it is snurled
    > http://snipr.com/3r1da
    >
    >> the author liked the results from Koolwire best,

    > Koolwire site http://www.koolwire.com/Default.aspx
    >
    >> The same author reviewed a freeware pdf2word converter separately in a
    >> different article and also compared its results against the other 5
    >> converters in the comparative test.

    > Snurled link to the pdf2word review http://snipr.com/3r1dp Convert PDF
    > to Word with "Free PDF to Word Doc Converter -- Free PDF to Word Doc
    > Converter is a small, free program that can convert PDF files into DOC
    > files used by MS Word. It can handle all elements of a PDF document
    > including text, shapes and images.
    >
    > Link to that converter's site http://www.hellopdf.com/ Free PDF to Word
    > Doc Converter version 1.1
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Thanks all sorted now

    PWB, Sep 17, 2008
  13. PWB

    chuckcar Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in

    > On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 21:47:52 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >> I could care less about non-open source freeware.

    > How much less could you care? A lot, or a little? How much do you care
    > now?
    >
    > I couldn't care less about the answers to these questions, but
    > clarification might give others an idea of how much you care. Just in
    > case they were wondering.

    Enough to kf all OE and gg posters who weren't OP's I guess if I could
    figure out how.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 17, 2008
  14. PWB

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >> I couldn't care less about the answers to these questions, but
    >> clarification might give others an idea of how much you care. Just in
    >> case they were wondering.

    >Enough to kf all OE and gg posters who weren't OP's I guess if I could
    >figure out how.

    You run Hamster and don't know how? HaHa...
    --

    For those who haven't seen it.
    http://www.fun2fun.info/nice-view-kid….html

    , Sep 18, 2008
  15. PWB

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    > chuckcar <> wrote:
    >
    >>> I couldn't care less about the answers to these questions, but
    >>> clarification might give others an idea of how much you care. Just in
    >>> case they were wondering.

    >>Enough to kf all OE and gg posters who weren't OP's I guess if I could
    >>figure out how.

    > You run Hamster and don't know how? HaHa...

    Fact is hamster is good for filtering posts so you never see them - ever,
    but it's filtering capabilities are somewhat less than xnews. I know of
    *no* program that checks if a post is the first in a thread. You would
    have to write a script to artifically construct the threads for a group
    using the references header with all messages in a group. Hardly a trivial
    task or anything *any* newsreader could do.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 19, 2008