    problem makes the navigation very slow...

    Thanks for all your suggestions to cope with that !

    Thomas

    Thomas, Feb 21, 2005

  2. Thomas

    Tony Raven Guest

    Adobe Reader Speedup - http://www.tnk-bootblock.co.uk/prods/misc/

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Feb 21, 2005

  3. What version of the Acrobat Reader are you using? Many people have
    reported much better performance with version 7, as opposed to the last
    couple of versions:

    http://www.adobe.co.uk/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 21, 2005
  4. Thomas

    Ron Hunter Guest

    You might check into upgrading Adobe Reader to version 7, which is MUCH
    faster to load, and end...

    Ron Hunter, Feb 21, 2005
  5. Note to OP, the cross posting is not necessary. You can see how Ron and
    I have now duplicated posts. Since I have the netscape.public hierarchy
    set up on a different server, I can't respond to both groups at one time.

    When cross posting is truly needed, settings a followup to the preferred
    group is a courtesy.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 21, 2005
  6. Thomas

    CarlosRivera Guest

    I banned all versions of acrobat 5.0 or after learning that pdf
    documents can execute code. I do not know the full details, but I
    really don't need another type of improperly secured exection
    environment to worry about.

    CarlosRivera, Feb 21, 2005

  7. Adobe Acrobat is OS dependant, Ver 7 is only for Win2000 sp2 and XP.
    If you are running Win98 you need Ver 5.05 Win98SE Ver6.01 see:
    http://www.adobe.co.uk/products/acrobat/readstep2.html to determine
    which version you need.

    [email protected], Feb 21, 2005
  8. Thomas

    Larry Hazel Guest

    I've seen Adobe Reader 7 mentioned several times. When I go to the
    Adobe site, they state that 6.01 is the latest version and that's all I
    can find to download.

    Where is version 7 hiding???

    Larry Hazel, Feb 22, 2005
  9. Note Graeme's response, version 7 is available for XP and 2000 only.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 22, 2005
  10. http://www.adobe.co.uk/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

    [email protected], Feb 22, 2005
  11. Thomas

    Larry Hazel Guest

    Yes, I saw that after I posted. So I'm stuck with 6.01 which freezes
    Firefox every time and freezes my computer (so that Ctrl-Alt-Delete
    doesn't work) quite often. And I must keep Windows 98 because nothing
    newer will run my FoxPro applications which I must run.

    Larry Hazel, Feb 22, 2005
  12. First of all, try going back to Reader 5, which by most accounts ran
    better then 6 ever did. Second, look back through this thread for
    Tony's link to the speedup:

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 22, 2005
  13. Thomas

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Version 7 requires Win2000 or WinXP, or later.

    Ron Hunter, Feb 22, 2005