PDF App To Create Fillable Form Whose Data Can Then Be Sent

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Internet Highway Traveler, Sep 24, 2010.

  1. Hello,

    I used to have a Go Daddy website which had a Contact Us form that I
    eventually expanded into many form fields.

    I now have a free Office Live site which has a Contact Us module that cannot
    be expanded.

    I tried to compensate by using Google docs, but the information from the
    spreadsheet was presented horizontally, which I found problematic.

    Ideally, I would like to find a free software that can create a fillable PDF
    and then, after a web visitor fills it, he/she would click it. Upon it being
    clicked, the form itself or the data in the various fields would be sent to
    me in an easily readable format.

    Does something like that exist?

    Thank you for any constructive suggestions and recommendations.

    Regards,

    IHT

    Internet Highway Traveler, Sep 24, 2010

  2. Internet Highway Traveler

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Internet Highway Traveler <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >Hello,

    >I used to have a Go Daddy website which had a Contact Us form that I
    >eventually expanded into many form fields.

    >I now have a free Office Live site which has a Contact Us module that cannot
    >be expanded.

    >I tried to compensate by using Google docs, but the information from the
    >spreadsheet was presented horizontally, which I found problematic.

    >Ideally, I would like to find a free software that can create a fillable PDF
    >and then, after a web visitor fills it, he/she would click it. Upon it being
    >clicked, the form itself or the data in the various fields would be sent to
    >me in an easily readable format.

    >Does something like that exist?

    Yes, standard HTML will allow you to create a form and send the
    data to the server, or to e-mail with some additinal JavaScript.

    Why do you want to subject your readers to a PDF with all of the
    extra weight and non-standard handling by each one's system, OS
    and browser?

    Mike "the wheel already exists" Yetto
    --
    Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitates.
    - William of Ockham

    Mike Yetto, Sep 24, 2010