PCMIA card needed to make laptop wireless?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tony Tee, Jul 6, 2007.

  1. Tony Tee

    Tony Tee Guest

    Ok bit of a thick question this but could use some suggestions for my next
    purchase whilst I'm here.

    I've just picked up my first laptop, its an old Dell Latitude C840, decent
    spec though.

    It surfs the net really well when I plug the ethernet into the back, but now
    I want it to go wireless, as my home PC is connected to a SKY (ISP in the
    UK) wireless router via ethernet cable. I think I could make use of that
    router to run the laptop in wireless mode if i'm not mistaken.

    I don't think the laptop is wireless enabled but it does have a slot in the
    side where it can take some kind of adapter card I think its PCMIA card that
    I need, it certainly has a slot to slide soemthing in the side.

    Am I on the right track? What brand/model would you recommend me picking up
    off ebay which should do the trick? There is so many!
    Tony Tee, Jul 6, 2007
    1. Advertisements

  2. Tony Tee

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Yup - you're headed the right direction. These are more commonly referred to
    as a "PC Card". Another option is a USB type of connector.

    Here's a couple examples:
    WhzzKdd, Jul 6, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.