    also am i wasting my time looking for this. will all my problems be
    answered with the new "pci-express" bus? how long am i going to have
    to wait for this?

    Dan Irwin, Dec 24, 2003

  2. Dan Irwin

    why? Guest

    U320 is some really serious kit, building a real time atmospheric
    modeling workstation are you?
    Just the card alone is USD $350 to 1400 for the top of the range array
    controllers.
    Most likely AGP8 now.
    Lots of mobo reviews / comparison charts - www.google.com
    It's on server level motherboards,rackmount kit, seems to be around USD
    $4000.
    You didn't say what your problems are.

    Gigabyte GA-8KNXP Ultra has a U320 Adaptec AIC-7902W controller built
    in, maybe not a full feartured as a card.
    http://uk.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-8KNXP Ultra.htm
    see the online manuals.

    Try www.google.com for more information.

    Me

    why?, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Dan Irwin

    Dan Irwin Guest

    i heard that board olny suports 4 drives, and in reality still is held
    by the limit of the pci buss

    Dan Irwin, Dec 24, 2003
  4. Dan Irwin

    why? Guest

    Well that's what the manual says. 4 drives in 2 arrays.

    With such a general request as you had, some answers were general
    coverage as well. Not that I can help with *exact* specs for the sort of
    power system you seen to be looking at.

    There is still always www.google.com , the hardware amd mobo news
    groups.

    Me

    why?, Dec 24, 2003
  5. Dan Irwin

    Dan Irwin Guest

    i dont mean to be anoying but can you point me to a perticular group

    Dan Irwin, Dec 25, 2003
  6. Dan Irwin

    why? Guest

    Try www.google.com / http://groups.google.com

    It's not that hard <groan> , ignore the "! 0" on the end of each line
    that's from my newsreader dump groups file.

    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.iwill! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.m-tech! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.octek! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.qdi! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tacos! 0
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan! 0

    Your Xmas bonus ,
    comp.periphs.scsi

    Even a basic google. search should have turned up
    http://www.tomshardware.com

    Me

    why?, Dec 25, 2003
  7. Dan Irwin

    Dan Irwin Guest

    thnaks for the help

    p.s.

    i've already posted to scsi and looked at 15 articals on tom's hardware ;-)

    Dan Irwin, Dec 25, 2003