PCI LAN hardware not detected

Discussion in 'Broadband Hardware' started by Phil, Sep 20, 2006.

  1. Phil

    Phil Guest

    My motherboard will not detect my pci lan card
    I know the pci lan card works, as it works on a different computer and is
    detected.
    my motherboard once forgot that it had its own onboard lan card, but now
    remebers that it has it again.
    It seems to be finicky about recognising new network cards.
    its an old gigabyte amd motherboard (about 4 years)
    even installing the drivers manually it says the device cant start, but the
    device definately works and has already started (networked computer detects a
    lan connection to the card)

    Ive tried it in 3 different pci slots with no difference, tried scan
    hardware changes and add new hardware, but it just doesnt appear anywhere,
    yet its green light is turned on indicating that its working.
    other non networking cards are recognised on these same pci slots.
    i dont relaly have the patience to wait for my motherboard to star
    recognising pci lan cards again, maybe theres a direct solution to the problem
    any help would really be good, thanks. how will i make my computer find this
    card?

    Phil, Sep 20, 2006

  2. Phil

    Chris H. Guest

    Which of Microsoft's Broadband Networking cards is it? Have you tried
    disabling the on-board card in the BIOS? Have you tried a different slot
    with the card?

    Chris H., Sep 20, 2006

  3. Phil

    Phil Guest

    I may have posted this in the wrong area of newsgroups, i was looking for a
    networking section to ask my question but this section seems particular to
    microsoft broadband networks. i have no idea what that is. ill try posting in
    a more appropriate section
    in any case fyi
    the pci network card is an ethernet realtek lan card 10/100
    i also tried a different lan card with the same problem. each of them in 3
    different pci slots, combined and uncombined, i even tried taking some other
    pci devices (ie tv capture card) out, but there was no difference.
    thank you for trying to help, ive already tried all of the things you
    suggested.

    Phil, Sep 22, 2006
  4. Phil

    Chris H. Guest

    This newsgroup is for support of Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware
    products. You might try microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web if you're
    running Windows XP.

    Chris H., Sep 22, 2006
  5.
    parangaticurimicuaro, Oct 1, 2006