    to have host mode remain active so we may repeatedly access computer
    without rebooting host computer after each session.

    Thanks for any insights.

    Sally Matthews, Jul 9, 2005

  2. Sally Matthews

    Dave Lear Guest

    in message
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pcanywhere+user+manual

    Dave Lear, Jul 9, 2005

  3. Sally Matthews

    Fred Guest

    We are fairly new to pcAnywhere and in its current configuration only allows
    one remote session -- unless we have host machine reboot? That's a joke
    right?
    Would you like me to create a few wild and false assumptions about you and
    give you the third degree over them?
    You can repay me by sucking my cock.

    Fred, Jul 9, 2005
  4. Sally Matthews

    FML Guest

    From the main pcA screen, right click on the host, select properties,
    choose the "Settings" tab. Set the "Wait minutes for current user to
    reconnect" to 0 in the "After an abnormal end of session" section. Also
    select "Wait for anyone" in that same section. In the "After a normal
    end of session" section, select "Wait for anyone".

    Also, make sure your users are ending their sessions when they are done
    working rather than just disconnecting. It should work either way, but
    ending the sessions is cleaner.

    FML, Jul 9, 2005
  5. Thank you for your quick reply and help.

    Checked the settings and they appear to be correct; however, have been
    sitting at host while dialing in on laptop and notice about half the
    time I can close a remote session and log back in but it will often
    hang while claiming pcAnywhere initializing following my closing a
    remote session soon followed by pcAnywhere closing?

    Sally Matthews, Jul 10, 2005
  6. Sally Matthews

    Duane Arnold Guest

    You can also try Ultra or Tight VNC (free). You can also use MS Netmeeting's
    Remote Desktop Sharing that's on the MS NT based O/S such as Win 2K or XP.
    You can download Netmeeting for Win 9'x and ME from the MS site.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 10, 2005