    for me, gave me the ip address and domain that the others are using to
    connect, my user name and password, and all I get it "Unable to attach
    to specic device". Can anyone spot a gap in what we've done?

    wheel, Mar 4, 2004

  2. The only thing that stands out is the ports that their pcAnywhere is
    listening for connects. Default is 5631 and 5632. If they are looking
    elsewhere, you will have to match it...

    Scott Williams, Mar 5, 2004

  3. wheel

    wheel Guest

    Thanks I'll check on that. But I wonder if it's anything to do with
    pcAnywhere. Since the Cisco VPN client reports the connection as ok,
    shouldn't I be able to see the network over there? I've never used a VPN
    before so I'm not sure what to expect. And I just noticed that the VPN
    connection reports that access ot the local LAN is off, I wonder if that
    is part of the issue.

    wheel, Mar 6, 2004
  4. wheel

    memeymoeme Guest

    I am wondering if you are encountering the same problem I am having.

    Check your VPN client connection statistics. Are you both sending and receiving
    data? My problem is not receiving data. I am still trying to find a solution
    for this.

    Doug

    memeymoeme, Nov 4, 2005