    3 minutes does seem like an aweful long time to boot, considering that
    i`ve had xp installed on my p233 64mb of ram that booted to desktop in
    under a minute

    colin, Jun 9, 2004

  2. heavenbound

    The Prophecy Guest

    No those were the only 2 i could think of.
    ok then, now i know.

    The Prophecy, Jun 9, 2004

  3. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    i wouldn't know how to disable the boot screen.

    heavenbound, Jun 9, 2004
  4. heavenbound

    colin Guest

    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_splash_disable.htm

    Right click My Computer, Properties, Advanced, Startup and Recovery, Edit.
    Edit BOOT.INI. Add "/SOS" right after "/fastdetect" with a space between.
    The line will look something like this:

    Professional" /fastdetect /SOS. When you're finished. The first part,
    multi(0)..... may not be the same on your machine. Upon restarting, the
    splash screen will be gone. It can be re-enabled by removing the new switch.

    colin, Jun 10, 2004
  5. heavenbound

    Trent© Guest

    Did you do a defrag?...and/or a scandisk?

    Did you run bootvis?

    Have a nice week...

    Trent©

    Dyslexics of the world ... UNTIE !