    wrong?
    Regards

    Franco

    Franco, Oct 31, 2004

  2. Just like the resurrection of jesus, noahs flood, the golden tablets
    that Joseph smith translated, the wolf that nursed romulus and remus,
    edgar cases pshychic trances, and the fish that crawed out of the sea
    and turned into a monkey.
    Nothing sways you more than arguments you can't understand.

    Lady Chatterly, Oct 31, 2004

  3. Franco

    Buffalo Guest

    Have you tried the Restore feature built into XP?

    Buffalo, Oct 31, 2004
  4. Franco

    Franco Guest

    Many thanks for a straight answer, yes I did, but it did not seem to work

    Regards

    Franco

    Franco, Oct 31, 2004
  5. Franco

    Thom Guest

    First of all? What didn't work? You weren't able to do the restore, or you
    were, but it didn't solve the problem?

    Secondly;

    This is likely a video driver (or card) problem. The reason you can see a
    display in Safe Mode, is that Windows is only loading the 'bare bones'
    needed to get you going. Whereas on a normal start-up, it goes looking for
    all the bells and whistles. Go back to Device Manager, locate 'Display
    Adapters', click the plus sign, right-click your card, choose 'properties',
    and play with your options from there. You could try using "Troubleshoot",
    but it's never been accurate for me. Always tells me, "this device is
    working properly" when I know damn well it isn't. Pay specific attention to
    the "Driver" tab, and the options located within. If still no joy? Might
    be time for a new video card.

    Thom

    Thom, Oct 31, 2004
  6. Franco

    Buffalo Guest

    Did the Restore work and the problem still exists or did the Restore fail?
    What Thom stated about Safe Mode and vid card drivers is correct.

    You may have corrupted video card drivers.
    First, go into Device Manager ,select Display Adapter, your vid card,
    Properties,Driver, Update Driver and try to let it search for better drivers for
    that card and let it install them.(I don't have XP so I don't know for sure).
    See if you can find the video card drivers on the CD that came with the vid card
    or the CD that came with the computer and install them that way.

    Buffalo, Oct 31, 2004
  7. Franco

    foxtrot Guest

    try this

    start run
    type msconfig

    uncheck the load startup items box then restart

    if this cures the problem its the fault of an application that loads itself
    at startup
    let me know how u get on and if we are on the right lines ill give u the
    next step

    foxtrot, Oct 31, 2004
  8. Franco

    jda^fx Guest

    When you boot up in safe mode, try to simply remove the graphics card from
    the device manager under control panel, system.

    Then boot up nomally. Windows should now come up with the found new
    hardware thing, and install the card back in. Be sure to the drivers for
    the card before you do this.

    jda^fx

    jda^fx, Nov 1, 2004
  9. Franco

    Franco Guest

    I uninstalled the video drivers, rebooted and reinstalled them from the
    driver disk, and irs all fine, many thanks for all your help !

    REgards

    Franco

    Franco, Nov 1, 2004
  10. Franco

    Franco Guest

    Many thanks to all who gave me sensible answers, I deleted my old video
    drivers and reinstalled them fresh...voila!!
    perfection!

    Regards

    Franco

    Franco, Nov 2, 2004