    Depends on where you're starting from. On a customer's system this
    morning Windows Update showed 38 criticals pending, total 39.9MB...
    somewhat more than a few minutes on their dial-up connection.

    BRG, Aug 12, 2003

  2. Quantum Sleep

    Dr Zoidberg Guest

    Where I work the checking of virus scanners and patches was less than ideal.
    Fortunately I seem to have got things sorted out just ahead of this lot.
    --
    Alex

    "We are now up against live, hostile targets"

    "So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad
    attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

    www.drzoidberg.co.uk

    Dr Zoidberg, Aug 12, 2003

  3. Quantum Sleep

    Jon Guest

    They come to the resources that worked before, this networking site.
    So they are helping themselves, just in a different way.
    I wish people would stop complaining...

    Jon, Aug 13, 2003
  4. Quantum Sleep

    chris Guest

    : They come to the resources that worked before, this networking site.
    :
    You're wrong. This is not a 'networking site'. See, you are the
    typical MS O$ user! It's people like you who are responsible for
    allowing MS get away with programming such shit ware.

    Argh..

    chris, Aug 13, 2003
  5. Quantum Sleep

    Dave Barlow Guest

    During a perfect moment of peace at Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:34:03 +0100,
    Yep, sad isn't it, the explot was announced weeks ago. I have Windoze
    Auomatic Update enabled for a daily checks. Nortons' AV autochecks
    everyday, I run Norton Firewall on my PC plus NAT on the router and
    ADSL modem. Plus it's worth checking the IT press
    (www.theregister.co.uk and www.cert.com) for the latest news of
    vulnerabilities found.

    Guess what, I didn't have a problem.

    Dave Barlow, Aug 13, 2003
  6. Quantum Sleep

    Conor Guest

    No, simply being a useless fuckwit completely incapable of doing a
    Windows Update is the problem. The vulnerability was exposed weeks ago
    and patched. As you can see, millions of stupid moronic fuckwits too
    stupid to own a PC didn't bother.

    --
    ________________________
    Conor Turton

    ICQ:31909763
    ________________________

    Conor, Aug 13, 2003
  7. Quantum Sleep

    Conor Guest

    <throw snigger back at you>
    Well I assumed it must have been since I didn't get it ansd non of the
    machines I've installed/admin Win2k/XP on have been infectd either..

    --
    ________________________
    Conor Turton

    ICQ:31909763
    ________________________

    Conor, Aug 13, 2003
  8. Quantum Sleep

    Conor Guest

    It did when you downloaded the one that was posted.

    --
    ________________________
    Conor Turton

    ICQ:31909763
    ________________________

    Conor, Aug 13, 2003
  9. Quantum Sleep

    Conor Guest

    And I wonder just how much time they've lost with this worm. Tough shit
    and £25 per machine to sort it I say.
    --
    ________________________
    Conor Turton

    ICQ:31909763
    ________________________

    Conor, Aug 13, 2003
  10. Quantum Sleep

    Conor Guest

    I don't care anymore. I'm making £25 a time.

    --
    Conor Turton

    ICQ:31909763

    Conor, Aug 13, 2003