    Lynder Young Guest

    It just turned itself off and will not turn back on - just get a strange
    noise from the speakers when i plug it in again.....

    Lynder Young, Aug 20, 2006

  2. Lynder Young

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Call your warranty provider.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 20, 2006

  3. Lynder Young

    Evan Platt Guest

    Try another power supply.

    Evan Platt, Aug 20, 2006
  4. Lynder Young

    Pete Guest

    Another really good reply - but no help so no point in posting. It is the
    power supply that is broken. Make sure when you get a new one it is a
    higher rating than the current one. If you overload a power supply it will
    shut down until it cools down, then eventually it will give up.
    Early signs of failure include sound cracking up or video display going a
    bit odd.

    Pete, Aug 20, 2006
  5. Lynder Young

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Hmmm? What makes it YOUR decision as to what should or should not be posted?
    Are you today's NetKop? FOAD, idiot.
    Oh - so that was helpful. How do you know? Are you sitting there with the
    diagnostics equipment to verify your statement? Besides, you merely repeated
    what had already been posted.
    What? So now you're smarter than the engineers who designed and built the
    OP's PC? It's perfectly safe to stick with what was IN the system, unless
    the system has been upgraded or extra components added. Or what if his power
    supply was already 600+ watts? Where's he gonna find one with a higher
    rating then? Dumbass.
    More drivel. "SOMETIMES". "MAYBE". More often than not, they just go out
    with no warning. Some even go up with smoke and bright lights. But I've
    never had your supposed "early signs of failure" on any of the systems I've
    had go down.

    If you're gonna be critical of others, you'd better not post your own
    useless crap in the same reply.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 20, 2006
  6. Lynder Young

    Frosty Guest

    As the sun rose on Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:52:22 GMT, the distinguished
    and oh so talented "Lynder Young" <>
    climbed up to the podium, shuffled some papers, took a sip of ice
    water and shouted in a loud voice:
    Before you buy another power supply, try another power cord

    Frosty, Aug 20, 2006
  7. Lynder Young

    Mainman Guest

    Don't get you knickers in a twist Timmy baby, he was only responding in the
    manner in which you yourself respond. Oh Dear, I've just realised that if
    this is not grammatically correct I'm gonna get flamed by the multitudinous
    morons who infest this usually helpfull habitat.

    Mainman, Aug 21, 2006
  8. Lynder Young

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Well, ignoring any possible grammatical infractions, it /is/ top posted. In
    a thread that is obviously running top to bottom, posting at the top only
    shows the world just how intelligent you aren't.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 21, 2006
  9. Lynder Young

    Mainman Guest

    What's this obsession with top posting, bottom posting, any kind of posting;
    who gives a curdy. What a bunch of Saddos. -)).

    Mainman, Aug 22, 2006
  10. Lynder Young

    Toolman Tim Guest

    So when you read a story, you like to start on chapter 5, then go to chapter
    1, then pick up somewhere around 17, and then check out 12, before going
    back to 2, right?

    C'mon - start at the top/front and go straight thru.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 23, 2006
  11. Lynder Young

    Mainman Guest

    I'm not reading Tolstoi, Tim; I'm glancing at an inconsequential e-mail
    thread. Yes, I am also a Saddo.-))

    Mainman, Aug 23, 2006
  12. Lynder Young

    Frosty Guest

    As the sun rose on Wed, 23 Aug 2006 06:48:45 GMT, the distinguished
    and oh so talented "Mainman" <> climbed up to the
    podium, shuffled some papers, took a sip of ice water and shouted in a
    loud voice:
    !zeeJ !gabhcuod ,liame ton s'tI

    Frosty, Aug 25, 2006
  13. Lynder Young