    and it seemed to ping just fine. Any ideas what's wrong? Corrupt ethernet
    driver? virus?

    Cory

    Cory Lechner, Jan 2, 2004

  2. Cory Lechner

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    If you can ping other sites, but not browse, I'd suggest you look at
    internet explorer's proxy settings. MSN also uses the same settings, which
    would explain why nothing can connect. Unless you have been told
    different, IE should be set to not use a proxy.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 3, 2004

  3. Cory Lechner

    Cory Lechner Guest

    I got her to re-set the connection, by going into "internet properties",
    then selecting "connections" tab. Then click on "settings". I got her to
    set up her connection manually, then selected "connect through a LAN", then
    select automatic discovery of proxy server (recommended)". It still didn't
    work. Now what? Re-install ethernet driver? The ethernet is as follows (I
    think): Lucent Win modem PCI 10-100 ethernet adapter. What should I do?

    Cory Lechner, Jan 3, 2004
  4. Cory Lechner

    mcp6453 Guest

    Double check the TCP/IP properties on the network card to make sure that
    she has not specified a default gateway. What operating system is she
    using? For Windows 98, go to Start | Run | winipcfg and select the
    Ethernet card in the pull down menu to see what IP address, DNS, and
    Default Gateway she's getting. If it's Windows 2000 or XP, go to Start |
    Run | cmd <enter> and type ipconfig /all to get the same numbers.

    Have you rebooted the modem? Router? Computer? In that order? It is
    possible that you have a corrupt TCP/IP stack, which is normally fixed
    by removing all of the Windows Networking protocols and then
    reinstalling them. However, I'd do that last, unless you know what I'm
    talking about.

    mcp6453, Jan 3, 2004
  5. Cory Lechner

    arpan69

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am having the same issue. I uninstalled the network and reinstalled. I also tried the USB port to connect directly with the cable modem by passing the newtowk card. Everything else works fine just IE and Firefox will not display pages. I do see the message 'Wating for www....' in the status bar.

    Any help would be appricated.

    Thanks

    arpan69, Aug 6, 2007