    I check the time with the Official U S Time clock. My PC runs slow for
    some reason. Why is that? Is there something I can do?
    Phyloe

    Phyloe, Nov 2, 2003

  2. Phyloe

    dr_hardware Guest

    Use the program on this page to update your time as often as you wish
    (Atomic Clock Sync): http://www.worldtimeserver.com/

    dr_hardware, Nov 2, 2003

  3. Phyloe

    ilmc Guest

    Phyloe typed:
    PC clocks should be good to a few seconds per week But, if you turn your pc
    off (and dependinig on your pc's age), if the battery on the mother board is
    flat, the clock will slow down or even go compleatly haywire. Motherboard
    batteries need to be replaced every 2 or 3 years.
    Otherwise, do as others have suggested and get a clock sync program. I use
    "Atomic Clock"

    ilmc, Nov 2, 2003
  4. Phyloe

    °Mike° Guest

    Is the clock losing time whilst the computer is running?
    If so, you have something installed that is interfering
    with the system clock - Norton products are a prime
    candidate.

    If it happens when the computer is powered off, you
    need a new CMOS battery.

    °Mike°, Nov 2, 2003
  5. Phyloe

    Jim Sutton Guest

    The clocks in computers are basically very poor in design or construction or
    both. Get a program that will set your clock for you in a matter of 30
    seconds or so. I use one called Web Time. You should be able to find it on
    intrnet. Have a go.

    Jim

    Jim Sutton, Nov 3, 2003
  6. Phyloe

    °Mike° Guest

    I don't need one, thank you very much. How about
    telling the original poster?

    °Mike°, Nov 3, 2003