    Guest Guest

    How can I use my wireless air card with my now laptop, which came configured
    for pci express, but not pc card?

    Guest, May 1, 2006

  2. Guest

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    If you new Laptop came with the NewCard (PCI-ex) and have regular PCMCIA
    Slot you would have to buy a New Wireless Card.
    However I am not sure that you can find Wireless PCI-ex on the open market.
    You probably have USB2 port as well so you can get an 802.11g USB2 Wireless
    unit.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, May 1, 2006

  3. Guest

    Kevin Guest

    Most new laptops come with built-in wireless. Yours did not? PCIe or PCI
    Express is for video, not wireless.

    Kevin, May 1, 2006
  4. Hi
    It is true that that many Video card come now in PCI-ex. However PCI-ex is
    just a faster Bus than the "old" regular PCI and was designed as a regular
    Bus that can be used with Video as well as any other PCI base card that
    would come in PCI-ex version. Example,
    http://www.mellanox.com/products/infinihost_iii_ex_cards.php
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 1, 2006