    with CID, but the one thing about Gafachi that bugs me is the inability to
    send touch tones. Does that work with Teliax?

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Mar 1, 2005

  2. That doesn't sound like fun. I guess any port in a storm...
    Yes, that is another problem with Gafachi. It is pretty common
    though. I recall I had the same problem with broadvoice too. Gafachi
    and broadvoice need "dtmfmode=inband" to make touch-tones work.
    Eg. inband touch tones sent as actual tones down the audio path. I'm
    not sure why they don't provide sip or rtp command mappings for the
    touch tones, but they don't.

    Teliax runs fine with my default setting of "dtmfmode=RFC2833". I've
    tested it with various auto-attendants and keypresses to navigate
    remote voice mail systems seem to work just fine. The one thing that
    does disturb me about Teliax is that when I plot the ping times to
    their machine it is very, very noisy with some of the pings 4x as long
    as the average. That makes me think they are a much smaller outfit
    and might easily get overloaded.

    -wolfgang

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, Mar 2, 2005

  3. jonathanztaub

    Kyler Laird Guest

    This has not been my experience. I was using my Gafachi account last
    week for some CallerID experimentation and had no problem setting the
    data.

    (Right now I can't seem to make a call with that account.)

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Mar 2, 2005
  4. Interesting! I wonder what I'm doing differently that it objects to.
    How are you setting the caller ID? Are you setting it to a 10-digit
    number or an 11-digit "1+" number?

    This is what I'm doing:

    extension.conf:

    [to-pstn]
    exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX/6001,1,SetCallerID(WOLFGANG RUPPRECHT <3602267904>,a)
    exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,5,Dial(sip/${EXTEN}@gafachi-out)

    sip.conf:

    [gafachi-out]
    type=peer
    secret=mysecret
    username=myacctnumber
    fromuser=myacctnumber
    host=sip.gafachi.com
    dtmfmode=inband
    canreinvite=no

    Now that I look at it, I wonder if the "fromuser" is interfering with
    things...

    -wolfgang

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, Mar 2, 2005
  5. jonathanztaub

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Here's what I do - caller ID seems to be sent properly:

    exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,SetCallerID(321-654-0987)
    exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial,SIP/${EXTEN}@gafachi

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Mar 2, 2005
  6. Ok, I see how to get callerid to work with them. The trick was indeed
    to remove the "fromuser" in sip.conf. That caused the authentication
    to fail. To get that to work again one one needed to use the phony
    hostname myaccountnumber.sip.gafachi.com and their proxy would gleam
    the account number from the hostname. Weird, but clever! Thanks for
    the info that it was now doable.

    One down, one to go. Getting reinvite working is important to cutting
    my local proxy out of the audio path. While the machine sitting on my
    desk makes is a reasonable enough sip-engine, moving the RTP packets
    themselves doesn't work out that well, especially when I'm recompiling
    the world.

    -wolfgang

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, Mar 2, 2005