Paul Harcourt Davis on the SD9 and SD10

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by George Preddy, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. George Preddy, Feb 1, 2004

  2. George Preddy

    JL Guest

    JL, Feb 1, 2004

  3. George Preddy, Feb 1, 2004
  4. And it's not like he said "they are real close, but the Sigmas are a little
    better."

    No, he said these Sigmas demolish the DSLRs from Canon, Nikon, and Fuji.

    George Preddy, Feb 1, 2004
  5. George Preddy

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Feb 1, 2004
  6. George Preddy

    Savidge4 Guest

    And who pays him to say this?

    That would be the question would ask. I have yet to read this months edition.
    however in January 2003 the same guy didnt have all that goosd things to say
    then.. what changed?

    Savidge4, Feb 1, 2004
  7. Which raises the question: Which cameras has he seen and used, and how does
    he substantiate the claim????

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Feb 1, 2004
  8. Sounds like Preddy bought the book to pay him.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Feb 1, 2004
  9. How does any expert substantiate his/her opinion?

    A: He/she doesn't have to.

    George Preddy, Feb 2, 2004
  10. Obviously, Total Digital Photography.

    George Preddy, Feb 2, 2004
  11. By proving an assertion, backed by references to (published) experiments and
    other sources.
    Einstein did, so who the f*** is Paul Harcourt Davis.

    A: someone who mostly writes sponsored travel books for money, and does abit
    of macrophotography.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Feb 2, 2004
  12. Tell it to the judge.

    George Preddy, Feb 2, 2004
  13. George Preddy

    Jeff Shoaf Guest

    What judge? If you're referring to a judge in a legal proceeding, that
    judge bases his opinion on laws and court precedents (at least in the USA).
    If he does not, his judgement will be overturned by a higher court. If the
    higher court doesn't base it's opinion on laws and court precedents, it may
    go all the way to the Supreme Court where the justices are supposed to base
    their opinion on their interpretation of court precedents, the law, and the
    Constitution of the United States of America.

    Now, on the UseNet, any anononamous poster can publish his/her opinion, but
    without other references, published experiments, and/or other sources, only
    the very gullible will be convinced that the published opinion is correct.
    Thus the lengthy and often disparaging threads you keep getting involved
    in...

    Jeff Shoaf, Feb 2, 2004
  14. George Preddy

    AArDvarK Guest

    http://www.totaldp.com/
    "Total Digital Photography" Search Results:

    Your search returned 3 file(s). Showing 1 - 3

    Sigma SD9
    A year ago (at time of publication), the US company
    Foveon announced a development in imaging sensor
    technology that promised a new level of quality from
    single-shot digital cameras. The Sigma SD9 is the first
    camera to use the new chip.
    Professional Photographer February 2003 (4 pages)

    Sigma SD9
    Doug Harman puts the Sigma SD9 digital SLR through
    its paces in this its full test.
    Total Digital Photography January 2003 (4 pages)

    Sigma SD9
    Our exclusive First Look at Sigma's SD9 Digital SLR
    featuring the unique Foveon CMOS sensor.
    Total Digital Photography December 2002 (2 pages)

    And a search for "Paul Harcourt Davis" returned zero
    results, on the "Total Digital Photography" site. Also
    on the link you gave, there is nothing concerning
    "Total Digital Photography".

    It looks like what you're saying simply isn't there George ...

    AArDvarK, Feb 2, 2004
  15. Any judge.

    George Preddy, Feb 2, 2004
  16. It's in the Feb 04 issue.

    George Preddy, Feb 2, 2004
  17. George Preddy

    Jeff Shoaf Guest

    And that is why I said I was going to quit playing with you. You snip a
    very pertinant part of my comment and give a non-answer.

    I really hope you do this just to see how long others will respond to you.
    If so, I'm glad a brought some joy into your evidently sad little
    existance. Otherwise, I just feel sorry for you. Goodbye, George!

    Jeff Shoaf, Feb 2, 2004
  18. Paul Harcourt Davis is a travel writer.

    Tell that to the judge when you call him as your "expert" witness.

    Braindead Preddy, Feb 3, 2004
  19. Paul Harcourt Davis is a travel writer.

    Tell that to the judge when you call him as your "expert" witness.

    Braindead Preddy, Feb 3, 2004