  1. Nibbler

    Nibbler Guest

    The pilot could be allergic and be force fed ;-)

    Nibbler, Mar 3, 2004

  2. Nibbler

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    You'll be happy to know I brought a can of honey roasted peanuts on a flight
    that ended not three hours ago. I am still a free man.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Mar 3, 2004

  3. Nibbler

    Matt Drury Guest

    This is complete insanity. What can an airline passenger possibly use
    Where is this documented?

    Matt Drury, Mar 3, 2004
  4. You wish. I once broke into the Louvre, overpowered the security guards
    Because I Had No Time To Explain and disarmed a bomb left by a Terrorist
    Cell.

    With a pack of Captain's Wafers.

    Sincerely,
    McGyver.

    Unclaimed Mysteries, Mar 3, 2004
  5. Nibbler

    Randy Hudson Guest

    To cause anaphylactic shock in a co-passenger with a peanut allergy.

    Such a passenger would inform the airline, which would avoid the serving of
    peanuts on the flight. How can the passenger avoid danger from peanut
    products brought aborad by other passengers? She can't, directly; instead,
    the airline bans other passengers bringing those peanut products aboard.

    Thus, the passenger doesn't go into shock, and the flight doesn't have to
    make an emergency landing, disrupting connection and travel plans for the
    passengers aboard as well as those awaiting the equipment and crew at their
    destination.

    This was a rule well before the Patriot Act.

    Randy Hudson, Mar 3, 2004
  6. Nibbler

    The Dave© Guest

    I guess I'll have to start smuggling peanuts in my nose.

    The Dave©, Mar 3, 2004
  7. Nibbler

    Paul J Gans Guest

    Hey, some people are so allergic to peanuts (seriously) that
    the slightest exposure will send them into shock. Hard to
    call an amulance from 36,000 feet.

    Thus airlines are very careful with peanuts. An allergic
    person can refuse them but if the person sitting next to
    them has them and sneezes....

    The result is that the airlines don't serve them and they
    do NOT want you bringing your own on board.

    This has nothing whatsoever to do with the Patriot Act.

    ---- Paul J. Gans

    Paul J Gans, Mar 4, 2004
  8. Nibbler

    stephen Guest

    Obviously a major security breach.

    I predict an investigation by a Senate subcommittee and the firing of
    at least a dozen people!

    stephen, Mar 4, 2004
  9. If so, that will be a dozen more than have been fired as a result of
    intelligence gathering and analysis failures concerning 9-11.

    No higher official has been canned, AFAIK. No Bush people, no Clinton
    leftovers, nobody.

    Instead, those same government agencies have had their powers increased,
    their leaders' places in the Washington bureaucracy solidified, their
    openness to public scrutiny slammed shut.

    Isn't that strange to anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

    Corry
    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

    See Huntsville's Night of the Upside-Down Aurora.
    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net/images/upside_down_aurora00.jpg

    Unclaimed Mysteries, Mar 4, 2004
  10. Nibbler

    Rick Guest

    When all's said and done, history books will record the
    worst terrorist attacks in the history of the United States
    took place under the watch of one George W. Bush.

    His presidency has been an unqualified disaster in every
    way -- domestic as well as foreign policy. Yet every time
    I see him giving a speech, his Xanax-intoxicated chest is
    just a little more puffed out, like an overinflated balloon.
    He really is completely out of touch with the American
    people, and reality.

    Rick

    Rick, Mar 4, 2004
  11. Nibbler

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Plenty of airlines serve peanuts every day.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Mar 4, 2004
  12. Nibbler

    zbzbzb Guest

    When all's said and done, history books will record the
    Isn't this coming from a foreigner? Quite arrogant and amusing that you would
    think such a thing if you are. He may be out of touch for you but certainly not
    with many, if not most Americans.

    zbzbzb, Mar 4, 2004
  13. Nibbler

    Rick Guest

    I'm in California. In fact Bush is flying into my area later today,
    giving a speech for his $1000/plate rich buddies, then immediately
    flying out again. He doesn't want to spend any time seeing the
    results of his economic policies on my neighborhood.

    Rick

    Rick, Mar 4, 2004
  14. Nibbler

    zbzbzb Guest

    "My neighborhood?" So do you represent everyones view in your neighborhood? You
    say he is "completely out of touch with the American people." You should
    restrict your opinions to yourself or the side of the political spectrum that
    you represent because surely you can not and do not represent all Americans.

    zbzbzb, Mar 4, 2004
  15. Nibbler

    Rick Guest

    Obviously. It's my opinion, and you know what they say
    about opinions.

    Rick

    Rick, Mar 4, 2004
  16. Two questions:
    1) This "peanut allergy" thing seems to be the "disease d'jour"
    these days. Anyone have a stat on the actual incidence?
    2) Isn't it true that for just about any product, somebody
    somewhere is allergic to it? Where does it end?

    Kenny McCormack, Mar 4, 2004
  17. Nibbler

    Mark Hewitt Guest

    About 1 in every 200 people are allergic to peanuts to some degree. So
    chances are on a full plane there will be one person.

    Mark Hewitt, Mar 4, 2004
  18. Ny understanding is that it is rare but very severe. I hope there is
    some progress to help those with this allergy because peanut products
    are in so many goods. And they aren't going away unless Important People
    become affected, of course.

    You'd think http://www.peanutallergy.com/ would be a good resource but
    the web page is teh suck.

    http://www.allergyasthma.on.ca/peanut1.htm is more informative.

    Corry
    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

    This picture, made from public property, earned me a visit from
    corporate security officers. Apparently Vulcan's restoration is a Trade
    Secret. Or they thought I was going to kidnap and molest it.
    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net/images/vulcan_restoration_ir00.jpg

    Unclaimed Mysteries, Mar 4, 2004
  19. Nibbler

    Paul J Gans Guest

    Fine. They will eventually get sued. But the point
    is that this has nothing to do with the Patriot Act.

    ---- Paul J. Gans

    Paul J Gans, Mar 4, 2004
  20. This was probably instigated by the airlines so they would have less
    competition with their new enterprise as a seller of snacks and meals.

    rhodo chrosite, Mar 4, 2004