Patition resizing software - opinions

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by - Bobb -, Jun 26, 2006.

  1. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    UPDATE **
    I uninstalled ghost 10 and was gonna put it on the shelf. I then noticed
    a Norton Ghost 2003 CD in the box too (in the manual) - IT has what I
    want ! It's basically Norton for DOS ( like the old Version 6). I
    installed it - opened UTILITIES and made a bootable floppy. Worked
    fine - just backed up that XP partition in 7 minutes to my X64 partition
    as an image file.
    I can now delete that XP partition - resize and install Vista - another
    day - too nice now.
    When Vista is over I can restore the image and dual-boot again ( if no
    footprints left behind by Vista)

    PS not sure that 2003 is any better than V6, but at least I got
    SOMETHING for my money. Also, it prompted me to " Mark the disks ? " I
    chose "continue without marking". The pdf help file said that it would
    then not to prompt me for the " license agreement" next time. I didn't
    want it to do anything to my drives, so each time I use the floppy I
    don't care if I see the agreement.

    Bobb

    - Bobb -, Jul 1, 2006

  2. - Bobb -

    John Barnes Guest

    I received a 2002 version of Disk Image which prompted for the serial
    number, but would not accept the one supplied with the accompanying Version
    9. Unfortunately for me I cannot use the DOS version as it says I have too
    many drives. Don't know how it gets there but still useless for me. Glad
    it works for you. 2003 with Ghost 9 is the same for me.

    John Barnes, Jul 2, 2006