    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Apr 2, 2008

  2. Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

    AlexC Guest

    Congratualtions !
    Was is hard to pass?

    AlexC, Apr 2, 2008

  3. Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Good on you Lawrence :) Congrats!

    Montreal MCT, Apr 2, 2008
  4. Let me translate that into US English for you:

    You are the shiznit!

    Death from Above
    MCPD: EAD, Web, Win
    MCITP: DBD, DBA
    MCSD.NET
    MCDBA

    Death from Above, Apr 2, 2008
  5. The MCITP exams were surprisingly easy -- relative to what I expected --
    much more focus on design/planning than operations/administration, which was
    good for me.

    The MCTS:Apps exam was not easy, but not difficult. Because it's a new exam,
    and focused on TS and IIS7 I expected some challenges with it. Apparently
    the challenges were not bad enough to prevent failing.

    The MCTS:AD exam I fully expected to fail, given that I've not studied a lot
    of advance AD administration. It wasn't difficult, and I was pleasantly
    surprised that my orginal expectations were not as severe as I had
    anticipated.

    The MCTS:Infrastructure exam was light years easier than the 70-293 (which I
    passed with a mere 700 -exact-).

    I did, however, invest significant hours in completing the Windows 2008
    eLearning course material, and I read the MSPress Windows Server 2008 book
    cover to cover prior to sitting for the exams, as well as reviewing relevant
    portions of the Win2008 Technical Library online.

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Apr 3, 2008
  6. I had to actually look that term up.

    Thank You!

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Apr 3, 2008
  7. As a follow on to the question... FWIW.. I got my scores in the mail from
    Prometric today:

    70-640 Active Directory == 817
    -- much higher than I expected; in fact, I didn't expect to pass this
    exam at all. I apparently got good help from my perfect score on the DNS
    domain, but I took a big hit in "Configuring AD Server Roles", which was
    about what I expected.

    70-643 Applications Infrastructure == 825
    -- a bit better than I expected, because I knew this exam covered some
    Terminal Services stuff that I'm not overly familiar with. But what I took
    the big hit in was "Deploying Servers", which was surely a function of not
    having actually set up and worked with WDS. I would have been happy with a
    750.

    70-642 Network Infrastructure == 873
    -- this is about what I expected, but significantly better than what I
    did on the 70-293. Now I'm wondering if this is any predictor on how I would
    do on the 70-291, which I've been putting off, primarly as a result of
    community intimidation. <g>. My "low score" area was "Monitoring and
    Managing" because I'm one of those guys who generally ignores the existence
    of PerfMon.

    Given those scores, and how I felt about them after I left the exams, and
    considering the amount of prep time I put into them, compared to the PRO
    exams I took 3 weeks later has me actually considering the possibility of
    900+ scores on the two PRO exams.

    Time will tell. I imagine I won't see those score sheets until the end of
    April, though.

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Apr 4, 2008