    I am looking for a utility that can prevent an .exe file being opened
    via using a password. Ideally freeware.

    Any suggestions? Thanks.

    Jigsaw, Feb 8, 2005

  2. Jigsaw

    dwacon Guest

    Is this an EXE you compiled or somebody else's software?

    If it is yours, build that functionality into your EXE

    Otherwise, if you control the network set a policy for users' machines.

    Otherwise, you may be SOL

    dwacon, Feb 9, 2005

  3. Jigsaw

    Dugie Guest

    Try alt.comp.freeware

    Dugie

    Dugie, Feb 9, 2005
  4. change the priviliges for the file, so the normally logged in user can't
    run it. that's one way of doing it...

    Robert Amtjip, Feb 9, 2005