    ..This enabled me to get into the bios but the "change user password" box was
    greyed out.Does anyone have any info how i can clear the password so i can
    install win 98.

    Johno, Oct 13, 2004

  2. Johno

    Buffalo Guest

    Try removing the battery for around 1/2 hour and try again.(jumper the
    reset for a short time when the batter is out)

    Buffalo, Oct 13, 2004

  3. Johno

    xmp Guest

    i had a couple of IBM's that i couldn't figure how to get past the bios.
    another computer was fine after battery was removed for a few minutes.
    also i've heard of people shorting the battery connector leads, which
    should discharge a cap. it may be risky.

    i'd also look for jumpers. and google bios cracking for tools if that
    doesn't pan out.

    michael

    xmp, Oct 13, 2004
  4. Johno

    Hamman Guest

    See if you can find a newer BIOS for the machine (or even the same one) and
    re-flash the chip. Since the memory addresses change, all values are lost
    including the password.

    hamman

    Hamman, Oct 13, 2004
  5. Johno

    Pennywise Guest

    Check out www.ElfQrin.com/docs/biospw.html

    Pennywise, Oct 13, 2004
  6. Oh my. What a cute little name for such a dirty little thing. So tell
    me. Do you put a sock on it and make puppet shows when the lights are
    out? No? Not big enough to throw a shadow you say? Tsk.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "Hey everyone! Luciferious and Lady C. ... Two people who are not
    playing with full decks. This is a match made in heaven! ....well
    maybe somewhere besides heaven... " -- Bob Abendroth

    Lady Chatterly, Oct 13, 2004