    protect the wireless part of the network. According to the manual it is not
    recommended trying to do this from the laptop as the wireless connection is
    lost in the process. Help please.

    Bernie, Dec 24, 2008

  2. Bernie

    John Guest

    According to LW055 manual, the default router IP is 192.168.55.1
    Therefore you'd connect to http://192.168.55.1 with the following default
    login credentials:

    username: sweex
    password: mysweex

    Or get the manual and read it yourself at http://www.sweex.com/LW904 (don't
    worry about the model number on this link). On that page, click Manuals. One
    of them is for LW055.

    Hope that helps.

    John, Dec 24, 2008

  3. Bernie

    Bernie Guest

    Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have already tried this. I typed the
    default router IP into the address bar of IE but just got a message saying
    page can't be found.

    Bernie, Dec 24, 2008
  4. Bernie

    John Guest

    Assuming your WinME settings are correct and therefore can surf the web thru
    your Sweex router, do the following:
    - Go to command prompt
    - type WINIPCFG (or IPCONFIG)

    Look for Default Gateway IP address. That is your router internal IP address
    to connect to.

    John, Dec 24, 2008
  5. Bernie

    Bernie Guest

    Tried this. I got 89.101.113.1 Typed this into my IE browser and got
    message - Page cannot be found.

    Bernie, Dec 25, 2008
  6. Hi
    89.101.113.1 is Not a private IP. It is probably your Internet IP, or the
    ISP's DNS.
    Such an IP can not log to the Router, the Router's IP has to be private,
    probably of the 192.168.x.x subnet.
    Download and execute this program, it might give you a better picture of
    your Network.
    http://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 25, 2008
  7. Bernie

    Bernie Guest

    I downloaded the network scanner to both the desktop pc and the laptop which
    is running wirelessly. When I clicked on 'Auto detect Local IP Range' on
    the laptop I got the following 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.55.101. I then
    highlighted 192.168.55.101 and 192.168.55.1 appeared as well as
    192.168.55.101 user pc private. If I click on 192.168.55.1 I can open the
    router to change the password but this is not recommended by the router
    manufacturer,

    When I click on 'Auto detect Local IP Range' on the desktop pc which is hard
    wired to the router via the modem from the ISP I get the following
    0.0.0.0. 4.0.0.0 89.101.113.14 and 127.0.0.1. For some reason it is not
    picking up the router. I am therefore not able to access the router from
    the desktop pc to insert passwords to protect the wireless part of the
    network. All suggestions gratefully received.

    Bernie, Dec 27, 2008
  8. Bernie

    John Guest

    192.168.55.101 is your PC private IP address
    192.168.55.1 is your ROUTER IP address or Gateway IP
    You're at the right spot. That is where you change the password(s).
    You already got the router address, 192.168.55.1
    You already connected to your router (see above) but you hesitated because
    the manufacturer tells you not to mess around with the settings.

    John, Jan 1, 2009