    are set to admin for username and admin for password.
    But it does not accept the password and we are running out of guesses.
    Is there a total reset or a backdoor password that will help?

    fruitbat, Nov 14, 2008

  2. fruitbat

    Paul Guest

    There is a reset button on the back, near the antenna.

    (download page - three versions, pick the right one)
    http://www.tp-link.com/support/download.asp?a=1&m=TL-WR541G

    (manual - I selected the latest version, text copied below)
    http://www.tp-link.com/english/soft/200865135820.pdf

    "Use the Factory Default Reset button:

    First, turn off the router's power.

    Second, press and hold the default reset button
    then turn on the router's power, until the SYS LED lights
    up (about 3 seconds).

    Last, release the reset button and wait for the router to reboot."

    "
    * The default User Name: admin
    * The default Password: admin
    * The default IP Address: 192.168.1.1
    * The default Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 "

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Nov 14, 2008

  3. fruitbat

    sandy58 Guest

    Someone advised me that this is the best way to solve the problem.
    Quote:I usually put mine in the dishwasher, but only about once every
    6 weeks. :)
    Maybe you have heard of this remedy, bat-whatever? :)

    sandy58, Nov 14, 2008

  4. Try admin and password or password1 for the User Name and Password.

    Jeff Strickland, Nov 14, 2008
  5. fruitbat

    rezz

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2015
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have a tplink router I got a year ago or so. Loaded ddwrt and ran it for a while but wanted to reload stock firmware. First, ddwrt has a .bin file to webrevert the firmware. You can't just load the manufacturer's firmware into the upgrade in the administrator panel. Once I got rolled back to the stock firmware I was logged into TPlink's web panel and used admin/admin which is their default for everything. I decided to go ahead and load the latest firmware from their site. I did a standard update and loaded the .bin file and when I got back to the login screen I could not log in. I tried several default passwords and then I found this thread. It didn't help but it will now if anyone comes across this problem. TPlink recommends IE. Yes, login with internet explorer and all is well.

    rezz, Mar 17, 2015