Password on DOS?

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by devilfish, Sep 16, 2006.

  1. devilfish

    devilfish

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have aquired a Toshiba (older) laptop. It has been cleaned of the OS and everything. When I power it up, it says:

    system failure
    hit any key to continue >>> Then it is says:

    Password:

    No clue why it is asking for the password. What can I do to bypass this or can I even bypass it?

    I have tried the system restore CD with no success. It always goes back to the password option. Also, it will shutdown if the password has been attempted unsuccessfully 3 times.

    Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

    devilfish, Sep 16, 2006