    concatenated would be "theyredsolids." Are there such dictionary files
    downloadable, or is there a relatively easy way one could be created?

    Thank you.

    poster3814, May 2, 2007

  2. poster3814

    Zilbandy Guest

    You might take a peek at "Diceware".
    http://world.std.com/~reinhold/diceware.html

    Your first impression may be to dismiss this idea totally. Before you
    do, read the page and pay attention to sections explaining the
    security of this idea. Look at the FAQ.

    Zilbandy, May 2, 2007

  3. poster3814

    poster3814 Guest

    Thank you for your reply. Diceware sounds like a great method of
    creating passphrases. I guess what I'm interested in, though, is either:
    complete passphrase dictionaries; OR a program I can use to create
    complete passphrase dictionaries. I've tried searching the Internet some
    but haven't found any yet.

    poster3814, May 3, 2007
  4. poster3814

    Arthur T. Guest

    In
    To solve a recent puzzle, I took the dictionary for an
    anagram program, and pulled off all 5-letter words. There were
    about 5800 of them. If I wanted to create a dictionary of all
    3-word combinations of them, it would take over a terabyte to hold
    the almost 200e9 combinations. If you add in the 6-letter,
    4-letter, 3-letter, and 2-letter words, and also all of the 2-word
    combos, it comes to quite a large amount of disk space, to say
    nothing of the time it'll take to process it.

    Arthur T., May 3, 2007
  5. poster3814

    Arthur T. Guest

    In Message-ID:<>,
    Slight correction to my computation. It would take about 3
    terabytes.

    Arthur T., May 3, 2007
  6. poster3814

    poster3814 Guest

    Hmm. Well, that would be an issue. Oh, well.

    Thanks very much for responding.

    poster3814, May 10, 2007
  7. poster3814

    Unruh Guest

    The other question is why do you want to do this? Precisely because there
    are so many combination, these can infact make for good passwords.

    Unruh, May 10, 2007
  8. poster3814

    poster3814 Guest

    I was kind of sort of thinking along those lines, too.

    No big reason why I asked this, though, but a few small reasons,
    probably not interesting enough for me to waste anyone's time explaining.

    Thanks for replying, though.

    poster3814, Jun 5, 2007
  9. poster3814

    nemo_outis Guest

    Diceware goes some distance along these lines.

    http://world.std.com/~reinhold/diceware.html

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Jun 5, 2007