    and quality wise)...

    Thanks in advance,
    Ben

    Pie, Jan 31, 2004

  2. Pie

    Brad Guest

    A passport only lasts 10 years. If the photo is laminated or protected
    from fingers and considering the fact that the passport is closed for
    almost all of its life, I have to imagine an inkjet print would be more
    than adequate.

    Brad, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Pie

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Jan 31, 2004
  4. Pie

    adam drew Guest

    I recently got a new passport and was a bit surprised to see that they'd
    scanned the photo I'd submitted and digitally printed my mug onto the
    page in the passport.

    So it probably doesn't matter how the picture was produced, as long as
    the dots are small enough to look like a real photo.

    Adam

    adam drew, Jan 31, 2004
  5. Pie

    MJ Guest

    I did my passport pic on my inkjet nearly 4 years ago. It's still
    looking good. Can't say the same for me though.

    MJ

    MJ, Jan 31, 2004
  6. Same here. I did lots of testing to make sure that my print was heat
    and solvent resistant as required by passport specifications. What came
    back was a low resolution print directly on the passport paper.

    Kevin McMurtrie, Jan 31, 2004
  7. Pie

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Interesting. They used to require that the photos be able to survive
    the heat of the lamination process. I guess they decided that scanning
    and printing directly onto the page was a better security method.
    Should make replacing a picture more difficult....

    Ron Hunter, Feb 1, 2004