    Hi,

    I have failed this exam twice and I need some advice on
    the study tips.

    Kris, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Kris

    Matt Guest

    What did you use to study?

    Matt, Feb 24, 2004

  3. Kris

    Guest Guest

    I use MCSE Windows 2000 Server Training Kit Book and the
    cd which came with it.

    Guest, Feb 24, 2004
  4. Kris

    Matt Guest

    What about the actual server? Did you do the labs in the book or worked on
    Windows2000 Server at all or did you just read the book? What about practice
    exams? Measure up, Preplogic, etc....

    Matt, Feb 24, 2004
  5. Kris

    Consultant Guest

    study harder and don't fail. maybe you are just not cut out for this field.

    Consultant, Feb 24, 2004
  6. This field is saturated. There are experienced and certified people who
    never failed an exam in their life who can't get a job. Take your situation
    as fair warning as to your impending future.

    Politician Spock, Feb 24, 2004
  7. Kris

    Guest Guest

    First off don't listen to losers like Consultant and Politician Spock. They are jerks whom I have only seem offer good advice once or twice. May be even less. As for the issue of your question, I failed this exam the first time as well. I recommend you study the book material and reference the Microsoft MCP webpage for the test. It shows a list of things the test covers. Thats the material you want to study. By far the best book to get to study for this is the Readiness Reveiw from Microsoft. The questions are very similar in format to the test. Work your way through the chapters and tests reference the self-study guide from Microsoft, Sybex, etc. If you have any questions drop me an email and I'll see what I can do to help you out by explaining things. Finally, let me reiterate. Don't let all the losers on this newsgroup get you down. I work with a lot of people whom passed these tests on their first try (many of them cheating with braindumps a few legitimately) are no longer working in the field. Mainly do to the fact they have an attitude problem and no people skills and not because of their technology skills. Times are changing, people would rather deal with someone that knows a little, willing to learn, and has a good personality than the jerk who knows it all, talks down to them, and is patronizing
    Chris Bec
    MCP W2K Serve
    Net+

    Guest, Feb 24, 2004
  8. Kris

    Consultant Guest

    sure thing chris, losers, huh? just remember your place, junior

    Consultant, Feb 24, 2004
  9. Kris

    JaR Guest

    Chris Beck opined, On 2/24/04 1:21 PM:
    nger working in the field. Mainly do to the fact they have an attitude problem and no people skills and not because of their technology skills. Times are changing, people would rather deal with someone that knows a little, willing to learn, and has a good personality than the jerk who knows it all, talks down to them, and is patronizing.
    Yes, by all means pay very close attention to Chris, he has the coveted
    MCP and Net+.

    215 is one of the easiest tests there is. Time for a reality check.

    JaR
    Real Thug

    JaR, Feb 24, 2004
  10. There is a difference between dealing with people and being paid to do a
    job. CIO's want the system to work. When it's time to get paid, that's 90%
    of what matters.

    Politician Spock, Feb 25, 2004
  11. whom I have only seem offer good advice once or twice. May be even
[...]

    I recognise the sentiment but have to disagree with you. Consultant(R)
    is no luser, does know his stuff and when asked a question in his
    league will answer. Whining because basic questions get flamed
    (because the answers are on display in other posts) is pointless.

    Change gear, ask better questions and do at least some of the leg-work
    yourself and you'll get respectful answers to good questions.

    You need to be at the right level to get good answers. To get to the
    right level read some of the primers that gte recommended time after
    time here by patient souls like Roger Abel and Laura.

    The art is to ask the *rght* questions!

    Marlin

    ================================
    My Hero:
    (remove vroomfondle to email me)
    ================================

    Marlin Munrow, Feb 25, 2004
  12. I'd really recommend that you improve the amount you can remember.

    If you can afford it, go purchase accelerated learning by Brian Tracey
    and Colin Rose which will ensure you remember far more of what you're
    learning.

    Tell me, do you get a feeling that you've read several pages but cant
    remember the page before last ? If so Accelerated Learning Audio book
    is for you.

    Its likely you're just not playing to your strengths when you are
    learning.

    I have used this course, it works and I'm spending 25% less time
    studying for 100% more recollection (and under exam pressures).

    Once you've improved the way you study, get the MS Press 70-215 and
    learn the material with the 70-216, 70-217 and 70-219 - there is an
    acre of overlap between the courses.

    Secret: Learn the other topics lightly and you'll find the 215 exam
    more manageable.
    ================================

    Marlin Munrow, Feb 25, 2004
  13. Cruel ;o)

    ================================

    Marlin Munrow, Feb 25, 2004
  14. Even more cruel - but cruel to be kind ;o)

    ================================

    Marlin Munrow, Feb 25, 2004
  15. Cruel ;o)

    but true.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Feb 25, 2004
  16. Even more cruel - but cruel to be kind ;o)

    Nothing wrong with being cruel to be kind.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Feb 25, 2004
  17. Yes, by all means pay very close attention to Chris, he has the coveted
    And is lame enough put it as part of his sig.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Feb 25, 2004
  18. Times are changing, people would rather deal with someone that knows a little,
    Utter crap.

    Nowadays, companies are even less likely to spend cash training
    trainees, then they were six years ago.

    Companies want to compete now, today, not in three years time when
    they have finished training these trainees.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Feb 25, 2004
  19. Both of you have good points.
    But... maybe he has no real experience and thats why he is not passing the exams. The
    "real life" gives you a different point of view than the one that books gives you.
    CIO wants the system to work and thats why they have different levels of "people"
    (administrator, help desk, etc). These days there are no place for mistakes. But good
    managers prefers people who makes mistakes trying to learn (not silly people touching
    every config :) than people who work by the book.

    For him I have two things to say:

    1. allways practice with the real software
    2. allways ask if u have any questions and talk with people who are working with that
    software

    Good Luck!!!

    Nicolas Pierri, Feb 26, 2004
  20. exams.

    Given the current job market in this industry, he'll face a ton of
    competition when he is done. I may be cruel in telling him to take a hint
    from his failures, but I am kind by saving him from a $10 an hour career
    (assuming he can find a job).

    Politician Spock, Feb 26, 2004