    There were a lot of questions from the end chapters, i.e
    testing, mantaining and configuring the web application.

    If anyone has any questions, i will be sure to respond

    Tarique, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Tarique

    coderazor Guest

    well done tarique.

    what score did you get and what is your experience?

    I am working towards the 70-316 exam using Kalani's book. What you say about
    his 70-315 book gives me encouragement. they are such a long books!

    coderazor, Feb 1, 2005

  3. Tarique

    Emma Burrows Guest

    Cool! I'm booked in to take the exam next week, and like you, I've mainly
    used the Kalani book. I do have one question: are the review questions in
    Kalani's book similar to the exam at all? Some of them seemed a bit simple
    to me, which makes me think the exam may be a bit harder.

    Cheers,

    Emma

    Emma Burrows, Feb 1, 2005
  4. Tarique

    ahmed Guest

    this is an aspirant for writing Web-based application exam
    of MCAD. Previously i have written it but could not
    qualify and written in VB.NET, Now i want to write using
    C#.NET , will it be possible.
    Waiting so eagerly for u reply.

    ahmed, Feb 1, 2005
  5. Hi Ahmed,

    It makes no difference which language you choose for your exam. Whenever
    you've passed a combination of exams to fulfill the MCAD requirements you
    will have your certification. In case what you're asking is, can you mix
    languages, the answer is yes. You can, for example, write the 70-305 and
    70-320 exams for the MCAD certification.

    Cindy Winegarden, Feb 2, 2005
  6. Tarique

    Guest Guest

    Yes,you can write it in C#. net, irrespective of anything
    you have done in the last exam.

    Guest, Feb 3, 2005
  7. Tarique

    Tarique Guest

    hey Emma,

    Actually, i found the practice exam of Amit Kalani nothing
    like the MCP exam, and not helpful. it was too easy.

    For exams, i used transcender, which was good (I couldn't
    get most of the questions right, but learnt something
    minor on reading the solution, which REALLY, REALLY
    helped.) but pricey. Since then i've found out about
    another website, www.examulator.com, which has very good
    questions and is relatively cheap too.

    All the best for your exam.

    Tarique, Feb 3, 2005
  8. Tarique

    Tarique Guest

    hey,

    I got 962/1000. I think i got 41/43 questions right.

    I learnt a lot from the Amit Kalani book, but the exam
    questions aren't good. I did practise exams from
    www.transcender.com which i found very useful. Like, i got
    most of the questions wrong when i attempted them, but
    learnt a lot from the solutions ( usually it was based on
    something minor, which wasn't stressed in or for some
    reason i didn't give much importance while reading the
    kalani book).

    All the best for your exam. I'm actually going to start on
    70-316 myself soon :)

    Tarique, Feb 3, 2005
  9. Tarique

    Emma Burrows Guest

    I finally got around to doing it yesterday and I have to agree. I doubt I'm
    going to get 97% in the actual exam. :) The PrepLogic exam on the CD is a
    bit more difficult, though I found some of the questions annoyingly vague
    and typos made some answers downright incorrect (the correct answer to one
    question involved adding "runat=myserver" to an HTML control...). OTOH,
    vagueness and typos were features of the Microsoft exams I've taken in the
    past, so I expect 70-315 will be the same.

    I also have the Microsoft MCSD training kit, and although I didn't find the
    70-315 book very helpful, the practice exam that comes with it is pretty
    difficult, particularly if you let it time you. Between the three of them,
    I've had enough food for thought to hopefully make the real exam that much
    easier!

    Emma

    Emma Burrows, Feb 3, 2005
  10. I am scheduled to take the 70-315 exam on Feb25. I'm from
    the philippines and Amit kalani's book is not available
    here. The only book available here was the Self paced
    training kit from MS press. I've read one of your post
    here and you said that the book is not good. What is my
    chance of passing the exam? If say I passed the practice
    test included in the book, Can i assume that I am ready?
    What topics should i concentrate on?

    I can't afford to fail and take the exam again. I'll be
    very grateful for some of your advices.

    Thanks.

    Rolie Agustin, Feb 4, 2005
  11. Tarique

    Guest Guest

    waht sort of questions were from the end chapters.
    Were there too many questions on database access?

    Guest, Feb 6, 2005
  12. Tarique

    JJ Guest

    Your test in on EDSA Day? =)

    Anyway, that book will only teach you the basics. I also used that book and
    I have passed the exam. But I also did read articles from the MSDN and tried
    to create some applications. If you already have extensive experience in
    developing in C#, then you wouldn't have any problems. If you don't have any
    experience yet, try creating some applications.

    Basically, the test questions covers the whole book, but as I told you, the
    book only offers the basics. You need to research more on the topics
    discussed in the book.

    Good luck on you exams.

    JJ, Feb 8, 2005
  14. Tarique

    DAVIDB Guest

    Congrats on passing the exam. How long have you been
    exposed to the product?

    David

    DAVIDB, Feb 24, 2005