Passed the 70-271 opinion, and looking at 070-272

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Guest, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Well I passed the 070-271
    Yay my first microsoft cert.
    I only had 2 days notice before I had to take the test.
    As there are no study guides out there right now I looked
    over the the closet thing I could find, the 20-270.
    Its not quite the same thing but a LOT of the same info is
    used I think.
    I passed with a 733 not great but not bad for takeing it
    cold I think.

    I dont know that I quite agree with microsoft is aiming
    this test It seems to be more for a mini system admin for
    a small office or help deck for a lagre business.
    I have been a tech for well over 10 years and work a help
    desk and as a tech for an ISP for the last 4. I have never
    needed 90% of what was asked on this test. Then again most
    of the machines I work on are not on anything more that a
    small peer to peer network. I also have my A+.

    Im going to try and take the 070-272 shotly , any advice
    on what to study there?

    Guest, Feb 29, 2004

  2. Guest

    jasondewar Guest

    I took both exams today (833 & 722 respectively). As you
    can see from my scores, I found the 272 much harder than
    the 271, although took a course for 271 and not 272.
    My advice would be to look into remote connections (VPN,
    remote desktop etc) and the different email options
    especially server 2000 based, as well as file sharing and
    permissions.

    Jason (MCSDT now)

    jasondewar, Mar 1, 2004