    what most sys admins ever have to deal with in the real world. But
    since when is the piece of paper that says MCSE on it an accurate
    indication of real world skill or aptitude?

    blastingfonda, Mar 3, 2005

  2. blastingfonda

    molsonexpert Guest

    How many questions/time limit did you have on this one? I just scheduled
    with Pearson Vue and they're telling me it's 165 minutes.

    steve.

    molsonexpert, Mar 3, 2005

  3. How many questions/time limit did you have on this one? I just
    scheduled
    My test was 40 questions with Pearson Vue. I don't recall the time
    limit but it was over two hours - 165 may be on the mark.

    blastingfonda, Mar 3, 2005
  4. blastingfonda

    catwalker63 Guest

    prattled ceaslessly in
    Hmmm... that's probably your appointment time. Actual exam time might be
    less -- like 2hrs 15min or so.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "Eat your cereal with a fork and do your homework in the dark."

    catwalker63, Mar 3, 2005
  5. blastingfonda

    Chris M Guest

    Well done!
    I think (hope!) that this is the exact reason why I failed the same exam
    this afternoon.

    I have been studying from the Sybex book which seems to skate over some
    topics in very shallow detail. I'm going to go and buy the MS text tomorrow
    and retake the exam in a month or so...

    Chris M, Mar 3, 2005
  6. I'm really sorry to hear that. Were you close to passing at least?
    Yeah, I've found that you definitely can't limit yourself to one just
    one book as all books / guides tend to be a little less than complete.

    The MS book though is pretty thorough and what it's lacking (it's
    somewhat weak on a few areas like EFS / encryption) you can bone up on
    in via other guides.

    I also found the MeasureUp Readiness Review Suite that's included with
    the book to be quite helpful - many questions were very similar in
    nature to what ended up on the test. Although you can let the software
    generate 45 question tests for you to measure your skills, I eventually
    created a 300 question test with every question in the test pool and
    went through every one with instant feedback for right or wrong
    answers.

    Learn to study the merrits of each answer choice and know why right
    answers are correct and why wrong answer choices aren't. This trains
    you to think along the lines of how to pass these tests.

    blastingfonda, Mar 4, 2005
  7. blastingfonda

    molsonexpert Guest

    yeah, i knew the time included all the NDA/survey stuff, but i was still
    thinking it would only be 90 minutes. oh well, gives me more time to have a
    complete meltdown.

    steve.

    molsonexpert, Mar 4, 2005
  8. Very important additional information:

    Microsoft ® Skills Assessments are very important to
    Certified Professionals

    Organizations now require certified professionals take
    these assessments to verify their currency with today's
    technology. Microsoft Skills Assessment Support
    Information is especially useful for certified
    professionals who require basic support that mitigates
    urgent assessment needs quickly. Whether YOU are a
    Microsoft ® Certified Professional or just getting
    started, these assessments are for you.

    Microsoft ® Skills Assessment Address:
    Microsoft ® Evaluation Address:
    http://disnetinc.com/Microsoft_Evaluation.htm

    Microsoft Administrator
    Email: Very important additional information:

    Very important additional information:, Mar 4, 2005
  9. blastingfonda

    T-Bone Guest

    "Very important additional information:"
    And if you can explain what exactly it is you are selling on your site, I'll
    be glad to listen, until then stop spamming.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Mar 4, 2005
  10. blastingfonda

    Ogre Guest

    Microsoft ® Skills Assessment Address: Tom.... GO AWAY

    Domain name: DISNETINC.COM

    Administrative Contact:
    Cashin, Tom
    9980 PATTON ROAD, S.W.
    CALGARY, AB T2V5E8
    CA
    (403)680-0714
    Technical Contact:
    Registrar, Domain
    300 - 5 Avenue S.W.
    Suite 1810
    Calgary, AB T2P 3C4
    CA
    403-777-1300 Fax: 403-777-1319

    Registration Service Provider:
    TELUS Shared Hosting,
    1-866-292-8144
    http://www.telushosting.com
    --
    Please contact us for domain renewals, updates, name server changes and
    any other inquiries regarding this domain.

    Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
    Record last updated on 28-Oct-2004.
    Record expires on 15-Oct-2005.
    Record created on 15-Oct-2000.