    now thinking about getting the MCDBA because it only requires 2 more test and
    we do application DBA work at our job. Anyone have any comments on the test
    for SQL Server Administration?

    Guest, May 12, 2005

  2. Guest

    G.V. Guest

    Hi,

    How long did you study for 70-300, what information sources did you use?
    How long does it take to clear this exam?

    thank you,
    G.V.

    : Took last exam 70-300 and passed easily. I am now MCSD.Net, finally. I
    am

    G.V., May 12, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I only studied for 2 weeks. I ordered some archive courseware for the 2710
    class. I also received the book and read through that. In addition I
    practiced several case studies that were provided by the courseware. I think
    the most important thing is to learn how to take a case study exam, which is
    very different from the technical exams (the other 4 vb.net, asp.net, sql
    server 2000, and web services). I also have actively worked extensively on
    ..Net projects for over 2 years, so experience will determine how much study
    time is required.

    Guest, May 12, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    By the way the exam has 3 case studies with 30 questions. I think you have
    about 1 hour and 45 minutes.

    Guest, May 12, 2005
  5. Guest

    G.V. Guest

    Thanks!

    I'll try to take this exam at the end of this month, if I am not too lazy :)

    G.V.

    :I only studied for 2 weeks. I ordered some archive courseware for the 2710
    : class. I also received the book and read through that. In addition I
    : practiced several case studies that were provided by the courseware. I
    think
    : the most important thing is to learn how to take a case study exam, which
    is
    : very different from the technical exams (the other 4 vb.net, asp.net, sql
    : server 2000, and web services). I also have actively worked extensively
    on
    : .Net projects for over 2 years, so experience will determine how much
    study
    : time is required.
    :
    : "G.V." wrote:
    :
    : > Hi,
    : >
    : > How long did you study for 70-300, what information sources did you use?
    : > How long does it take to clear this exam?
    : >
    : > thank you,
    : > G.V.
    : >
    : > : > : Took last exam 70-300 and passed easily. I am now MCSD.Net, finally.
    : > am

    G.V., May 12, 2005
  6. Guest

    DST Guest

    Congrats TheDookieMan!

    I'm MCSD .NET, MCDBA SQL 2000 and MCSA Windows 2003.

    MCSE/Security is my goal after getting MCSD. I selected my exams to get
    MCDBA "as a side-effect". I worked a lot with MS-SQL server when
    developing a back-office application for a travel agency.

    Did 70-305, 70-306, 70-310, 70-229 and 70-300 for MCSD.
    Did 70-228 and 70-290 for MCDBA.

    Since you're also doing DBA work at your job, 70-228 wont be too
    difficult, it's the same difficulty as 70-229.

    If you're not familiar with installing and managing Windows 2003,
    70-290 will be more challenging. But if MCDBA is your only goal (not
    going for MCSA/MCSE afterwards), I think you could also take the
    equivalent of 70-290 for Windows 2000. I hear it's less challenging
    than 70-290.

    Didier

    DST, May 13, 2005
  7. Guest

    DST Guest

    G.V.,

    70-300 was the exam for which the MS Press & Exam Cram 2 book prepared
    me the least.
    Almost no questions about the MS methodology (MSF) you learn in those
    books, but a lot of questions you can answer by closely reading the
    case study.
    I could answer many questions relying on my experience working in
    software development projects.
    Be sure to brush up your knowledge of ERD, ORM, UML and DB
    normalization.

    Didier

    DST, May 13, 2005