    shows up in the Certification Planner afterwards ].

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Oct 9, 2009

  2. Pard

    Paul Jones Guest

    Apology accepted. It is always good to see a man admit he was wrong.

    Paul Jones, Oct 9, 2009

  3. Yeah.. it's a property of a Regional Service Center (Australia), not the
    Corporate Microsoft Learning group, and my point is that I've found several
    other 'out-of-date' content items at that URL
    (http://www.microsoft.com/australia) (like downloads for Win2003 Evaluation
    Editions, which were pulled from the U.S. site eons ago and do not exist on
    any other *regional* site in the world)... my point is that *I* believe that
    URL (http://www.microsoft.com/australia) has no credibility (with me, at
    least) because of the poor maintenance of archaic content at that site... my
    point is that for =U.S.= candidates, trusting or using information from a
    *regional* site is a bad idea, under any circumstances.

    The certification program is managed by the Regional Service Centers (Who do
    you call if you have a certification problem???) -- and *maybe* that
    information is still valid for Australia; or *maybe* that URL should have
    been removed from the site; or *maybe* the ability to use CompTIA exams has
    actually been deprecated and the website(s) have been poorly updated to
    reflect that; or *maybe* the specific exam(s) that are acceptable is
    changing, or has changed. When the only references that can be cited are
    dated over three years ago, and from non-corporate sources, I'm going to be
    a bit skeptical about the authority and accuracy of that information.

    Ironically, despite what appears to be an effort on the part of Microsoft
    Learning to centralize and localize their web pages . . .

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcse.aspx

    There aren't any other "localized" English-language sites with this content:

    All of these links result in an HTTP 404 redirect to Microsoft's search
    engine

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/uk/certification/mcse.aspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/ca/certification/mcse.aspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/au/certification/mcse.aspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/nz/certification/mcse.aspx

    -- and to my total amusement, the redirected page for the /en/au/ link,
    doesn't even include a single search reference to
    http://www.microsoft.com/australia.

    *AND*... if you go to http://www.microsoft.com/australia and click on the
    link for "IT Pro Training & Certification", that link redirects you to . . .
    Guess Where!?! -- the EN-US content on the corporate site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/default.aspx

    To me, that says that any of the certification pages still available from
    http://www.microsoft.com/australia are abandoned, and the problem is simply
    that they've not been removed from the site.

    But the bottom line here, and it applies to *everybody* participating in
    this thread...

    ==WE== do not know the facts, as applicable to the MCSA/MCSE certifications
    in ==2009==, except based on what is posted on the Microsoft Learning
    Official Certification Requirements pages

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Oct 9, 2009
  4. Pard

    Paul Jones Guest

    Bullshit. Stop clutching at straws. You are just digging a deeper hole.

    Paul Jones, Oct 9, 2009
  5. Pard

    Pard Guest

    Thanks a lot for your valuable contributions, yes i did register my Comptia
    A+/N+ certs, they do appear on my transcript now, I also contacted the
    regional support coordinator and she confirmed that to acquire MCSA Windows
    Server 2003, i would only need to do 290, 291,270/620 and A+&N+ would qualify
    to satisfy one of the electives, it's also stated in the cert. planner.

    Pard, Oct 21, 2009