Passed 70-622

Discussion in 'MCITP' started by RonPaskowski, Apr 22, 2008.

  1. RonPaskowski

    RonPaskowski Guest

    I passed the 70-622 Exam yesterday. If your using the Microsoft Training Kit
    (Windows Vista Client for Enterprise Support Technicians), read it once, take
    notes (ignore the errors) then throw it away but keep the 15% off training
    voucher.

    The exam covered more topics than the book covers.
    I used the Transcender Exam Prep tests, read the Microsoft Training Kit (2x)
    and have plenty of hands on experience deploying/troubleshooting Vista in
    preparation for this certification.

    Study and know your UAC, IPv6, Certificates, EFS, Bitlocker w/and w/o TPM,
    Software Deployment methodology, IPSec, Deployment (Unattended), Command line
    utilities, Group Policy (local and domain based), Windows Defender, IE
    Security, Event Log forwarding procedures, Auditing Events, Security
    Templates and SecEdit /areas parameters, Dual/Multi-Boot and ICMP.

    I applaud Microsoft for making this certification worth something (IMHO);
    this exam was much more difficult than the 70-620. I was upset and
    disappointed at how easy the 70-620 exam was, I felt Microsoft was handing
    out certifications again
    Reading a book will not help you pass this exam, hands-on and real-world
    experience was my best training companion, as it should be.

    Ron Paskowski
    MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, MCTS, CCNA, Net+

    RonPaskowski, Apr 22, 2008

  2. I'm still a little boggled that the 70-620 is being accepted for the
    MCITP:EA.

    I expected the -622 to be the 'EA' desktop exam!

    On the other hand, I like that the -620 gets me both MCITP:EA and MCSE:2003
    credit in one shot.

    I'll probably still take the -622, though, because there's no reason not to
    pick up the extra MCITP:EST for the sake of the exam I ought to be taking to
    get the MCITP:EA anywayz!

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Apr 30, 2008

  3. RonPaskowski

    Ed Guest

    Passed 622 too and now ready to take on the Windows Server 2008.
    Good luck,
    Ed

    Ed, Jul 4, 2008
  4. Hi there,

    just checking how did u find it,

    writing in 3 weeks

    G.R Smith. CCNA | MCP | MCTSx1 | A+ | N+, Aug 26, 2008