    Framework, and the Transcender tests.

    Easy stuff people!

    Oh, and I didn't get a grade, the testing program just said I passed.

    vbquestion, Aug 23, 2003

  2. vbquestion

    Michael lee Guest

    Congratulatons,now all exams about Microsoft don't show
    you grade. I think this exam is a little diffcult. Two
    months ago, I was failed. I tried it again three weeks ago,
    then I passed. Now I become a MCSD.NET

    Michael lee, Aug 23, 2003

  3. vbquestion

    Jay Walters Guest

    Congrats - I passed it on my first time go also.

    I think the test is a lot easier for experienced devs. A
    few years of project experience helps a lot.

    However - I wouldn't make a blanket statement about it
    being too easy - the test is a .NET exam - however the
    focus is really about msft best practives, requirements
    gathering, and being able to create a solid app design on
    the msft platform.

    I assume you've been developing for quite some time
    (especially since you stated no .NET xp)

    Jay Walters, Aug 23, 2003
  4. vbquestion

    Kyle Guest

    Congras!

    Does Transcender Exam (70-300) help? How many case
    studies? Does it look like 70-100 exam (the old MCSD one)?
    Thanks!

    Kyle, Aug 23, 2003
  5. vbquestion

    vbquestion Guest

    Yes, Transcender is worth the investment.

    3 Case studies - two chunky ones, one smaller.

    It is very similar to 70-100, in content and feel.

    There is quite a bit of reading for the big case studies,
    I found myself referring back a lot to the case when
    answering questions. I recommend you read the case quite
    lightly first time, then look at the questions, don't bother
    trying to take it all in on the first reading.

    vbquestion, Aug 24, 2003
  6. vbquestion

    Scott Guest

    Greetings.

    I just passed the 70-100 last week and got my MCSD
    certification. I've seen the advertisement about the free
    exam voucher for 70-300, but I figured I couldn't be
    ready for the test fast enough (deadline at the end of
    September).

    However, reading through this thread makes me think maybe
    I could pass 70-300 fairly quickly, especially since I'm
    in that "mode".

    I've got some experience with ASP.NET and ADO.NET. What
    do you think?

    Thanks,
    Scott

    Scott, Aug 26, 2003
  7. vbquestion

    jmd Guest

    You should give it a try, after all it's free with the
    voucher and even if you don't pass, you'd have an idea of
    what the exam looks like!

    jmd, Aug 28, 2003