    Jtyc Guest

    but something as monumentally important as the

    It doesn't have to be accepted. You are free to not believe all you want.

    Jtyc, Feb 28, 2005

  2. Preacher Man

    CBIC Guest

    Here's how I see the whole supreme being/bigfoot/ufo thing. No one can
    provide proof yet there's a bunch of people who believe similar things. You
    can credit that as mass hypnosois or however you want to justify it. I think
    some people such as myself need to believe in something that's bigger than
    they are in order to make sense out of this whole crazy life. But on the
    other hand what do I know. I worship a Jewish carpenter who lived over 2000
    years ago. How crazy is that?

    CBIC, Feb 28, 2005

  3. Preacher Man

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc climbed on a soapbox & opined:
    I do not require permission one way or the other, thank you. I was
    referring to the abundance or religious evangelicals that seem bent on
    "saving" my soul. I could not give a solitary crap whether you or anyone
    else chooses to indulge in whatever superstition seems to provide you with
    the comfort and justification to continue with your daily endeavors.

    JaR, Feb 28, 2005
  4. Preacher Man

    Jtyc Guest

    I do not require permission one way or the other, thank you.

    I agree, you don't. And I don't think I was giving you permission. I'm
    just saying, it's a faith based religion. I know that doesn't make sense to
    you and that's fine. But for some people, it's enough.

    Well I haven't met any of those people. I have had many a spirited debate
    with devote followers but have yet to meet someone who has try to force me
    to believe anything.

    indulge in whatever superstition seems to provide you with the comfort and
    justification to continue with your daily endeavors.

    That's great!

    Jtyc, Feb 28, 2005
  5. Preacher Man

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc climbed on a soapbox & opined:
    We have noted before this strange environment in which you appear to exist.
    What a wondrous world that must be, bereft of LDS missionaries, Jehova's
    Witlesses and the like. Not to mention the likes of our recent friend
    "Preacher Man" and his passioned attempts to convince others of their
    misunderstandings.

    Nonetheless, I don't believe I used or implied the term "force".

    JaR, Mar 1, 2005
  6. Preacher Man

    Jtyc Guest

    We have noted before this strange environment in which you appear to
    exist.
    These religious people that visit my door are usually polite and I just say
    no thanks and shue them away, or I just don't answer the door. As for the
    bible thumpers in newsgroups, that's easy... I just don't read the thread if
    it bothers me that much. (Although I usually do as I like to get into
    arguments with them.)

    I find the magazine salesmen who come to my door to be a much bigger pain in
    the ass. If you wish to rail against these dipwads, I support you 100%.

    Jtyc, Mar 1, 2005