    Which exam should I take to get my MCSA, that will also transfer into my
    MCSE certification? I plan to have my MCSE by 12/31/07, so I need to get
    studying for my next exam now. Any suggestions are appreciated.

    Cgard, May 15, 2007

  2. Cgard

    John R Guest

    There are many. Look here for MCSA...
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx
    and here for MCSE...
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/default.mspx

    John R.

    John R, May 15, 2007

  3. I feel your pain of failing 291 twice. My advice is to immediately take
    70-293. I took 293 on the same day I failed 291 and passed with no problem.

    Jason Fraioli, May 17, 2007
  4. Cgard

    selimovic Guest

    Hi,
    Please............

    What study material did you use...

    I am ready to take 70-290.

    If you have any suggestions, please respond.

    Thank You!

    selimovic, May 19, 2007
  5. You might not like my answer, but my primary "study material" was 5 years
    experience running a Microsoft Windows network (5 server, 120 workstations)
    single-handedly, preceded by 20+ years of software engineering and system
    administration experience on multiple operating systems.

    I then spent 2 weeks reading the Microsoft book for the test I was going to
    take (because no company uses EVERY Microsoft technology covered by the
    tests), and a week with a practice test (30 minutes a night, one section per
    night) to find out what small areas I didn't know well enough yet, and an
    hour of research/study/practice in those areas each night.

    Note that it was mostly the experience that made it possible to pass. The
    books and practice tests filled in the last 10% or so.

    Hope this helps!

    Michael D. Hensley, May 20, 2007
  6. Cgard

    MattiMac Guest

    Hi there
    Congratulations mate,
    I understand where you're coming from,
    I took 290 twice within last 5 months and failed(651,632), now,2 weeks ago I
    took 291 and failed again- 583. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong.
    I was wondering if you could give some advice please,or
    direct me to additional resources. I'm planning to retake 291 in a month or
    so.
    I would really appreaciate your help
    thanks
    Matti

    MattiMac, May 25, 2007
  7. Cgard

    Srinath Guest

    I just passed my 70-291 yesterday in my second attempt, and I think its one
    of the hardest exams that I had to ever take.

    I got a score of 840 the second time around, and therefore just planning a
    big party this weekend after months of hard study towards this one.

    For all those who are planning to sit this exam, please find below some of
    my recommedations:-

    1) Good experience with managing the network infrastructure etc.

    2) CBT nuggets were quite useful, and the way they explained some
    complicated bits and pieces must receive kudos.

    3) lots n lots of caffeine.....hahaha..Atleast, I had to as I work full time
    as well.

    All the best.

    Cheers

    Srinath MCP, MCDST

    Srinath, Jul 28, 2007
  8. I hear ya ther buddy... Black tea gets me through every exam!

    Red Swingline Stapler, Jul 30, 2007
  9. Cgard

    southsider Guest

    I would advise doing the ISA Exam as soon as you can. This may be
    rich, as I have not actually sat this one or an an MCSE. However, I
    did the MCSA (Messaging) after the slog that is 270/290/291. The
    thrill of getting the 4th one & thus getting some letters after your
    name really perks you up for the other ones.

    You can always do the others to get your security after the ISA.

    Good Luck

    Sam Goldie

    southsider, Jul 31, 2007