    I am headed towards 70-320. Can anyone suggest teir experience about the
    exam, good resources (books).

    Thanks

    Kiran, Apr 2, 2006

  2. Kiran

    Mark Guest

    What's the normal wait time before you hear from Microsoft? I have not yet
    i can't remember if you _always_ get an email from MS after passing an
    exam. if you do, it's the feedback questionnaire one as far as i can
    remember. so you're not at a great loss for not receiving it.

    if your exam gets you a professional qualification (ie letters after
    your name, eg MCAD), you'll get a welcome pack w/ your certificate, etc
    a few weeks after.
    if you read this newsgroup's postings about books, you'll probably come
    to the same conclusion as most people here: Amit Kalani is the most
    revered of authors. it's my personal opinion that if you fully commit
    to completing all the exercises, etc in his books, his are the only ones
    you'll need. every now and then you'll see one turn up on ebay, but
    you'll be lucky if it turns up just as you're looking to buy (in my
    experience). here's some amazon links for amit's 70-320 book:

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0789728249/
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0789728249/

    mark

    Mark, Apr 2, 2006

  3. Kiran

    Boomer Guest

    Congratulations! It usually takes a day or two to receive an email from MS.
    For 70-320, I would suggest Amit Kalani's Training Guide published by Que.
    Check out the review for this book at Amazon. A few reviewers have mentioned
    topics that need additional reference. You'll also find www.codeclinic.com
    useful.

    Good Luck!

    Boomer, Apr 2, 2006
  4. Kiran

    Kiran Guest

    In my case its been a week(3/27/06). Who should I contact or where will I
    find the information about this?

    Thanks for your suggestion on 320 exam. I really appreciate it. I will check
    out the book, I used codeclinic.com for my previous, the MSDN links helped a
    lot.

    Thanks

    Kiran, Apr 2, 2006
  5. Kiran

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hi Kiran,

    My first suggestion would be to try logging into the MCP Member site.
    (https://mcp.microsoft.com/Authenticate/login.aspx). You need to have a
    Passport account for this. (A hotmail account will do). When logged in,
    choose the View My... menu on the left, and click on Transcript. This
    will allow you to print out your Transcript, which should have been
    updated by now.

    Also, since this is your first MCP exam, keep in mind that you need to
    *request* for a Welcome Kit. It is not sent automatically. To do this,
    Choose the "Program Benefits" menu and click on "Member Kit". On this
    page you can put in a request for your Welcome Kit. It might help to
    confirm you address information prior to this step. (using the View
    My... Profile link).

    In the case, that you have problems doing the above and you're located
    in India, you can mail the India Sub-Continent Regional Ed Service
    Center (), in case you do not receive a response.
    If not, check your Regional Service center from this page
    (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/worldsites.asp).

    Hope this information helps,

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.

    Cerebrus, Apr 3, 2006
  6. Kiran

    Kiran Guest

    Cerebrus,

    I cannot get pass the login page. After I login with my hotmail account, I
    see a screen that asks for MCP ID and Access code, which I dont have, I click
    the other option and continue, it takes to learning system where I cannot
    find what you are suggesting. The only My I find is "My Learning" but that
    does not lead me anywhere. Am I doing something wrong, do I need to collect
    the ID and code from Microsoft first?

    Appreciate your response
    Thank you

    Kiran, Apr 3, 2006
  7. Kiran

    Simon Hart Guest

    Kiran,

    Congrats on passing!

    Your MCP ID will be on your score report but as you found out you need your
    Access code as well this only needs to be done once along with a Microsoft
    Passport account.

    Microsoft emails you your MCP first then a few days later they email you
    your Access code. This whole process should not take any more than 5 days
    (or so it did in my case).

    If you are not happy with this and want to follow it up, contact your local
    Microsoft Regional Service Centre:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/worldsites.asp I'm sure they will
    help you out.

    Regards
    Simon.

    Simon Hart, Apr 3, 2006
  8. Kiran

    Mark Guest

    i went through my old emails and found that after passing first exam
    (gets you "MCP"), microsoft emails you with instructions and a http link
    for claiming/requesting your Welcome Pack (need more than just your mcp
    id). here's the email i received as an example:

    Mark, Apr 3, 2006
  9. Kiran

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hi Kiran,

    Simon is right, the MCP ID would be on your score report. Since it has
    been some time since I went through this, I didn't remember about the
    access code. Unfortunately, I cannot *try* this out, since my hotmail
    account is already registered in their database as an MCP.

    First, make sure that you have received no email from MS at the email
    address you provided when registering for the exam. (Check you
    spam/bulk mail folder too !). If no mails are there, I suggest,
    therefore that you email them, promptly.

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.

    Cerebrus, Apr 3, 2006