    anyone know of a good free Pascal compiler ?
    thanks
    Frank

    fgphotog, Oct 16, 2003

  2. fgphotog

    why? Guest

    Good is a bit subjective, there are however some free compilers if you
    think they are good or not is limited by your needs (ANSI Standards) /
    OS which you didn't mention and request for a free one.

    Linux/Windows systems and others,
    http://www.gnu-pascal.de/gpc/h-index.html
    http://www.freepascal.org/

    Newsgroup / FAQ for comp.compilers
    http://compilers.iecc.com/

    If I didn't know these already a simple search using www.google.com
    would have found these in a couple of quick searches.

    <snip>
    Me

    why?, Oct 16, 2003

  3. fgphotog

    fgphotog Guest

    i should have also mentioned that it's for a small group of high school
    students to get a taste of programming (Windows)

    fgphotog, Oct 16, 2003
  4. fgphotog

    why? Guest

    For writing Windows apps or just a feel for Pascal? If it's just Pascal
    the earlier links will do.

    Remember the newsgroup info I posted last time.

    The only thing for Windows apps, I can think of is Borland Delphi (or
    Kylix for Linux).

    You could try www.borland.com check educational deals , sometimes near
    the end of the year (Borland UK) there is a sale of current / older
    products.

    Then there are places like, don't know of a US version
    http://www.greymatter.com/

    Prospero (commercial)
    http://www.greymatter.com/Buyers/gmhome/sr3_prdidx.asp?id=22082

    More from www.google.com