    Anyone else have this feeling? Just wondering, thanks. Include your
    favorite part-price, I would be curious.

    Dan

    dstvns, Dec 29, 2003

  2. dstvns

    Ghost Guest

    Welcome to our world young man... lol

    Ghost, Dec 29, 2003

  3. I don't know about the ink crtridge, but I can buy a brand new Brother
    HL-1440 laser printer for 159.00, and the drum for the same printer is
    179.00, and you have to replace it about every 4-6 times you replace the
    toner cartridge.

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Simon Telrenner, Dec 29, 2003
  4. Recently I completed a course and was give a Lxxxxxxk printer as a prize.

    My friends were shocked that I sold it on an action site immediately. They
    could not understand why?

    Well The printer retails for $NZ129, and the black cartridge alone is $NZ99
    to replace and the colour is $NZ120. So a "free" prize would cost me $NZ228
    to run within a couple of months.

    Manufacturers now make their profits from the consumables rather than the
    hardware. Most new printers will only accept proprietary cartridges due to
    "tweeks that they have made" and then patent the cartridge. No after market
    sales available unless a bif license fee is paid

    Keith Heathcote, Dec 29, 2003
  5. A replacement CRT for a monitor or TV costs more than the monitor or
    TV did originally.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Dec 29, 2003
  6. dstvns

    Syphillus Guest

    Funny I got an Hp laserjet5L out of an attic (FREE) 3 years ago and still
    run the same toner
    cartridge... When i want to print something sweet in color I put it on cd
    rom and spend 29 cents
    at the CVS around the corner.... oh yeah and my old lady works for American
    Greetings so I get my
    oversized stuff free... for now...:)

    Syphillus, Dec 30, 2003
  7. dstvns

    Geoff Guest

    i'd do that, but then i don't print much myself, nice 30 quid laser printer,
    it's done me fine for umm must be 2 yearsm thats my sort of price tag :)

    Geoff, Dec 30, 2003
  8. dstvns

    stew Guest

    Yea it is cheaper to get a new wyfe then fix the old or get rid of the old.

    stew, Dec 30, 2003
  9. dstvns

    PJS Guest

    You know, Kathy, whenever I think I've heard it all, you come up with
    another outlaws story. The scary part is, I'm sure they're true. Thanks for
    contributing to the group and keep them coming.

    From what this post reads, I guess you got their "free" computer working. I
    was gone for a couple of weeks and may have missed some posts.

    Pete

    PJS, Jan 7, 2004