    startup. Tried using the rescue disks but some file was not found so I
    cannot start XP even in safe mode. Any idea how I can fix this? I can still
    see the partitions in Linux.

    martik, Mar 11, 2005

  2. martik

    Pennywise Guest

    |> I'm getting a fatal error whan applying changes (partition resize) on XP
    |> startup. Tried using the rescue disks but some file was not found so I
    |> cannot start XP even in safe mode. Any idea how I can fix this? I can still
    |> see the partitions in Linux.

    Are the partitions still the same size as before the change?

    If so rename or hide the partition magic files, it does it's magic on
    boot up, and sounds like it's having a hard time getting started.

    Pennywise, Mar 11, 2005

  3. [email protected], Mar 11, 2005
  4. martik

    Martik Guest

    Thanks all, I fixed it in linux with testdisk and reran with PM8 now it is
    all ok.

    Martik, Mar 11, 2005
  5. martik

    Parko Guest

    Have you tried using Qtparted from the anon Linux distro to fix/restore your
    partition table? Qtparded: an easy to use graphical PM clone for Linux. Also
    try RescueCD.

    Parko, Mar 11, 2005