    What can I use to clean out the remaining vestiges of NAV in order to
    reinstall a different version?

    Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

    American Pi, Oct 18, 2003

  2. American Pi

    °Mike° Guest

    What operating system? System restore?

    °Mike°, Oct 18, 2003

  3. American Pi

    Bob B Guest

    This might not help but have a look in Msconfig/Sytem.ini/386Enh...see if
    there is anything refering to NAV and if so untick.. Bob ...might also be
    worth a look through other folders in this utility

    Bob B, Oct 18, 2003
  4. American Pi

    American Pi Guest

    Thanks Bobbby. Will try.

    re-install, but would prefer to avoid the that rigor morale if possible.

    American Pi, Oct 18, 2003
  5. American Pi

    Gitano Guest

    American Pi came up with this: 24.168.128.74:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-
    security.nsf/docid/2002112108541748?
    Open&dtype=corp&tdir=&tpre=&prev=gen&src=ent_web_nam

    or:

    http://tinyurl.com/rftx

    Gitano, Oct 18, 2003
  6. This is VERY common -- there is an article on the Symantec site. I bet
    you didn't think to look in the registry under Intel, didja? <s>

    This link should get you the article -- you have to download a cleanup
    tool called RNAV2003 -- but it's not responding for me today.
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...88256ace0076cc02?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam
    http://tinyurl.com/nk2d

    You have to run it in compatibility mode if you have WinXP, though.
    (Always good to include your Windows version in your post when you have
    a problem.)

    Also, the same problem can exist for OEM-installed versions of NAV.

    -- DE

    Tergiversative, Oct 18, 2003
  7. American Pi

    xman Charlie Guest

    run: services.msc

    There is a big fat file that symantec virus loads. Do not recall its name.

    my 2 cents

    xman Charlie, Oct 19, 2003
  8. American Pi

    American Pi Guest

    That seems to have resolved it! Thanks to all who replied.

    American Pi, Oct 19, 2003
  9. American Pi

    °Mike° Guest

    Symantec quite clearly states:

    "Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition (NAVCE): Do not use
    Rnav2003.exe to uninstall NAVCE."

    °Mike°, Oct 19, 2003
  10. I may have the wrong link, but as I stated -- I can't seem to get into
    the actual article on the Symantec site, but there MOST DEFINITELY is a
    tool for removing the CE version, and then there are registry entries
    under *Intel* for it.

    Until you use their clean-up tool AND ensure the registry keys are
    removed per their instructions, you simply can't successfully install
    another version if you have this problem in the first place.

    It is a very common situation, and I only wish the Symantec site were
    allowing me to get directly to the article so that I didn't have to post
    a link "blind".

    Here is another link from another site, but I still have problems
    getting to the actual page:
    http://service4.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2001011116210048

    Here is another article I *can* get to which verifies that the problem
    is often with an INTEL registry key:
    http://www.ntfaq.ch/base/An install...s Corporate Edition 7_5 does not complete.htm

    Tergiversative, Oct 20, 2003
  11. American Pi

    Buffalo Guest

  12. American Pi

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Oct 20, 2003
  13. American Pi

    °Mike° Guest

    I'll say it again, Symantec says "Do not use Rnav2003.exe to uninstall
    NAVCE." You quite clearly stated: "you have to download a cleanup
    tool called RNAV2003". IF there is a tool specifically for the Corporate
    Edition, post the correct link; don't send people to the wrong link.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Oct 20, 2003
  14. American Pi

    Buffalo Guest