Part fell out of Canon T1i

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Wayne, Oct 3, 2010.

  1. Wayne

    peter Guest

    On 10/4/2010 11:40 PM, Rich wrote:
    > On Oct 4, 9:22 pm, peter<> wrote:
    >> On 10/4/2010 8:33 PM, Rich wrote:

    >>> Any? No even a plastic bodied camera needs metal. Parts that have to
    >>> withstand forces are mostly metal.

    >> You mean like the B2 bomber?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter

    > The materials used in the B2 bomber have about as much in common with
    > the plastic scrap used in camera bodies (Sony uses recycled CD roms)
    > as P&S users have with sanity.

    There is very little metal in the B2 bomber's airframe. Indeed, it i
    mostly plastic.
    Therefore you made a false and/or misleading statement.

    Speaking of sanity, exactly what is wrong with proper recycling?
    --
    Peter

    peter, Oct 5, 2010

  2. Wayne

    Eric Miller Guest

    Wayne wrote:
    > A friend dropped her T1i and after taking the lens off, this part was
    > found lying on the mirror:
    >
    > http://home.comcast.net/~bruzeks1/part.jpg
    >
    > She states that the camera appears to work okay without it. Anybody
    > know what it is / for?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Wayne

    It's the appendix.

    Eric Miller

    Eric Miller, Oct 6, 2010

  3. Wayne

    otter Guest

    On Oct 6, 7:05 am, Eric Miller <>
    wrote:
    > Wayne wrote:
    > > A friend dropped her T1i and after taking the lens off, this part was
    > > found lying on the mirror:

    > >http://home.comcast.net/~bruzeks1/part.jpg

    > > She states that the camera appears to work okay without it.  Anybody
    > > know what it is / for?

    > > TIA,

    > > Wayne

    > It's the appendix.