    the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of
    beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that.
    Now, now...Here's looking at you kid.

    kpg, Apr 3, 2007

  2. CertGuard

    CertGuard Guest

    Maybe I will...maybe I already do. Either way, I've chosen the way that I want
    to represent myself. Then again, so have you.

    CertGuard, Apr 3, 2007

  3. CertGuard

    Egghead Guest

    Do not count on that. Employers are clueless in gerenal.

    A lot of software shops have their own entry exams, or they need your
    portfolio.

    cheers,
    RL
    "CertGuard" <CertGuard - The Stronghold for Excellence in IT Certification

    Egghead, Apr 3, 2007
  4. CertGuard

    catwalker63 Guest

    CertGuard piffled away vaguely:

    It's a figure of speach meant to illustrate futility. It isn't meant to
    be taken literally. No one thinks you actually smack your actual head
    into an actual brick wall.

    catwalker63, Apr 3, 2007
  5. CertGuard

    catwalker63 Guest

    CertGuard piffled away vaguely:
    OK, the above was a movie quote.

    I'm reading this thread and I'm seeing much ado about not much. CG, I
    applaud your efforts to try to do something. I'm not sure it will do
    any good yet, but go for it. Just don't get mad at the rest of us if we
    are tired and jaded or don't agree with you or your particular method.
    I know you are very protective of your efforts and you have a right to
    be proud of yourself. Just don't take the rest of us so seriously -- we
    aren't attacking you.

    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Apr 3, 2007
  6. CertGuard

    CertGuard Guest

    Whoda Thunk it?! Name the movie.
    It's all good, I'm not mad at anyone, nor will I get mad at anyone for not
    choosing CertGuard, it's a choice. I'm not sure it will work either, but I'm
    not going to idly sit by and watch it fail. I'm going to do everything I can
    to #1 stop people from cheating (this, in and of itself, should make it
    harder for people to get certified), and #2 have the certifications revoked
    of those people that have cheated, and continue to cheat. But I'm going to
    find better channels to use than just an isolated newsgroup.

    We have a voice. A LOUD VOICE... up until today, we were 54 people strong.
    That's a lot of wasted effort, and on what?! Everyone here is constantly
    griping about how "there are too may MCSEs in the world". Well, obviously
    the methods being used here aren't working. I'm just trying other methods.
    How many times does one have to try the same thing over and over before they
    figure out that the results will always be the same? Does nobody here
    realize that when you tick someone off, all they're going to do is go find
    some other venue to find their dumps? I know, "but it's fun...and we have to
    let off steam!", well, as much as you want to believe it's helping others,
    it's not.

    I'll be here if anyone cares to ping me and I'll be here to jump on the
    n00bs that request dumps, but that's pretty much it.

    CertGuard, Apr 4, 2007
  7. CertGuard

    CertGuard Guest

    I've seen The Shawshank Redemption too many times to take it any other way.

    CertGuard, Apr 4, 2007
  8. CertGuard

    catwalker63 Guest

    CertGuard piffled away vaguely:
    I hope you're kidding but it was Casablanca. And, oddly enough, I
    haven't actually watched it. But that's a famous quote.

    catwalker63, Apr 4, 2007
  9. Just to add to that thought, I always thought it was comical that the
    saying, "Play it again, Sam" was never in the movie! Bogart actually
    said, "You played it for her, you can play it for me...If she can stand
    it, I can. Play it!" Funny how things get twisted and the meaning gets
    lost over time... Hmmm, sort of like this thread.

    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP,
    A+, Network+, i-Net+,

    http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

    CertGuard Member
    The Stronghold for Excellence in I.T. Certification
    http://www.certguard.com

    --

    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP,

    The Classroom Blog

    CertGuard Member
    The Stronghold for Excellence in I.T. Certification
    www.CertGuard.com

    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 4, 2007
  10. CertGuard

    catwalker63 Guest

    CertGuard piffled away vaguely:
    I guess we all filter through our experiences. However, that has been a
    figure of speach for way more years than Shawshank has been around.
    There was no way for kpg to know you would pull that reaction out of the
    clear blue sky.

    As for the rest, it's clear that two of our members were mistakenly
    chosen. Not your fault. Not Fris's fault. Not our fault. We've
    always been clear about who we are and we've never taken ourselves as
    seriously as you two have. It seems to come down to a difference of
    opinion on what the real problem is.

    Yeah, we hate cheaters, but it's always been clear that the fundamental
    problem is the MS certification process. Speaking as an actual MCSE,
    I'm appalled that there are so many people who hold this cert that
    cannot do simple IT tasks, much less accomplish anything this cert is
    "supposed" to indicate the candidate is capable of. Until MS changes
    the process, it will always be pretty much worthless.

    That doesn't mean I think everyone who holds this cert isn't capable. I
    know I worked my tail off and really earned my cert. Would I do it
    again. No. I would still study. I do still study. But my study is
    directed at what is actually needed and actually used in the field.
    That way I don't waste my time and money and I am of better value to my
    employer.

    catwalker63, Apr 4, 2007
  11. CertGuard

    CertGuard Guest

    One of the reasons I respect you catwalker is because you hold such high
    values. Something I've never been able to do, no matter how hard I tried.
    How a person 'takes' something falls back on the experiences that person had
    and how that person chose to deal with those experiences. I look back on my
    life and see that I handled a lot things incorrectly, but at the time seemed
    like the right thing to do. I chalk it all up to experience now, it's in the
    past. I hope there are no hard feelings between any of us, as you said, it's
    just a difference of opinion. I still respect each and every one of you the
    same as I did last week, nothing has changed there.

    CertGuard, Apr 4, 2007
  12. CertGuard

    Kline Sphere Guest

    One of the reasons I respect you catwalker is because you hold such high
    and there was me thinking you only respected her 'cos she has cute
    little a$$ ;-)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Apr 4, 2007
  13. CertGuard

    Frisbee® Guest

    Which is apparent because she's definitely not wearing any underwear.

    Frisbee®, Apr 4, 2007
  14. CertGuard

    Kline Sphere Guest

    One of the reasons I respect you catwalker is because you hold such high
    i'd be interested to know where she keeps the loaded gun though!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Apr 4, 2007
  15. CertGuard

    kpg Guest

    You MUST watch it. One of the best movies ever. Not that
    terribly sophisticated or anything, just good stuff.

    If she can stand it, I can! Play it!

    0x22

    kpg, Apr 4, 2007
  16. CertGuard

    kpg Guest

    I'm not sure it will

    Dang! I get jumped on for acknowledging that you've choosen a
    difficult journey and cat outright says she disagree with your
    methods and gets a pass.

    Sure, she's cute and cuddly and purrs a lot, but gezzz.

    0x22

    kpg, Apr 4, 2007
  17. CertGuard

    Kline Sphere Guest

    You MUST watch it. One of the best movies ever.

    what? even better than 'all together the teletubbies'?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Apr 4, 2007
  18. CertGuard

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Dang! I get jumped on for acknowledging that you've choosen a
    just plain old sexism.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Apr 4, 2007
  19. CertGuard

    CertGuard Guest

    Sorry, it was the way in which it was said. I don't mind someone disagreeing
    with me, but to flat out tell me it's a worthless cause is somewhat
    presumptuous, don't ya think?

    CertGuard, Apr 4, 2007
  20. CertGuard

    Frisbee® Guest

    "CertGuard" <CertGuard - The Stronghold for Excellence in IT Certification
    and Exam Security> wrote in message
    It's merely an opinion. And while I don't see his exact quote, he probably
    didn't say or mean "worthless" so much as "futile."

    FWIW, quite a few barbs have been tossed back at the rest of us (not
    necessarily from you) implying that the rest of us accomplish nothing. I
    have no guilty conscious along that line. I know for a fact that what many
    perceive as just "venting" has indeed done some good in some cases. There
    are millions of windmills out there. We've lanced a few. I know that I
    personally have helped a few. I have neither the time, the resources, nor
    the optimism to help the millions.
    I'm sincerely glad that you do. I know you don't have the time or resources
    either, but your optimism can go a long way.

    Frisbee®, Apr 4, 2007